My torch keeps freezing, particularly when I am trying to back out of my work email account and text messages to get to the home screen. It will just sit there frozen for 5 or 10 seconds before it follows though with the command(s).

I have already reset multiple times and the problem persists.

The display totally screwed up once, only showing half the screen and I had to reset for that, too.

I'm thinking I may have a bad unit. Is anyone else having similar problems?
    09-20-10 12:08 PM
    I just bought mine a couple of days ago and have not experienced this issue. My advice would be to reinstall the OS or install one of the leaked OS upgrades. If that doesn't help I would return it for an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 12:19 PM
    yeah try doing the os... a lot of people are saying the new OS makes the phone totally different and faster
    09-20-10 12:25 PM
    90% chance that upgrading to .225 will solve all freezing/lagging problems.
    09-20-10 01:22 PM
    im having all the same issues and ive upgraded and currently on v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105. i'll try the upgrade to .337 and report back on whether or not this works!
    11-12-10 08:58 AM
    I've had my phone 5 days and the only problems I've had have been minor fixed with a battery pull. Had a text message that would not clear from notifications bar despite already having deleted the text. And this morning my browser wouldn't open. Try upgrading your OS or exchange.

11-12-10 09:26 AM
    Hey, I'm new here and notices that there have been several suggestions to install the new OS 6. Is that from the blackberry desktop manager screen??? Sorry but new to all this. My torch has frozen up several times, took it back once, got a new one and it's freezing now. Did a hard reset, wiped out everything now everything is totally screwy and I'm getting extremely frustrated. Done back up but afraid it has the problem in the back up and when I restore all I do it put the problem back on. AHHH help please
    11-26-10 07:20 AM
    I just bought mine a couple of days ago and have not experienced this issue. My advice would be to reinstall the OS or install one of the leaked OS upgrades. If that doesn't help I would return it for an exchange.

how do you reinstall the OS ??? Is that from the blackberry desktop software disc that comes with the phone. Sorry new to this whole thing and gettnge xtremely confused and frustrated. My curve never had any issues and now this torch is nothing but issues. On the second on in about 3 weeks.
    11-26-10 07:29 AM
    how do you reinstall the OS ??? Is that from the blackberry desktop software disc that comes with the phone. Sorry new to this whole thing and gettnge xtremely confused and frustrated. My curve never had any issues and now this torch is nothing but issues. On the second on in about 3 weeks.
    No..the Blackberry Desktop Software is just a means for your computer and phone to interact with each other..it doesnt contain any OS's on it. First off..we need to know what your current OS is? Go to Options > Device > About Device Versions..about 3 lines down you'll see a 6.0 Bundle (v6.0.0.xxx)..The v# is your current version of OS. Let me know what you got and we'll go from there.
    11-26-10 07:50 AM
    You need to download and install the OS on your computer then connect the device to the computer and run BB desktop...do the backup then it should automatically prompt you to install the new OS.

Alternatively go here for proper instructions on how to update your OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    11-26-10 07:53 AM
    Read this post:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...1/#post5740955
    11-26-10 02:24 PM
    I am experiancing the same problem . The OS Version I have is 6.0.0.600, and the Platform version is 6.6.0223.
    Any Advice? Is the New torch having these problems?
    08-30-11 09:59 PM
    I am on the latest version of the OS and my phone freezes frequently. Looking forward to dumping Torch and getting one of the new phones - as soon as my company approves them...
    08-31-11 06:44 AM
    By latest, do you mean ,600? Before you dump your Torch, check that compression is off (options>device>storage). Disabling this feature solved many issues for me, including freezing, and there was no discernible downside.

08-31-11 07:11 AM
    By latest, do you mean ,600? Before you dump your Torch, check that compression is off (options>device>storage). Disabling this feature solved many issues for me, including freezing, and there was no discernible downside.

I do not have compression off and do not have freezing problems. If turning off compression doesn't work, then have you added any apps or themes? Sometimes these can be the culprit.
    08-31-11 08:49 AM
    I am experiancing the same problem . The OS Version I have is 6.0.0.600, and the Platform version is 6.6.0223.
    Any Advice? Is the New torch having these problems?
    yes, I got a new 9810 hoping that problem and others would not happen. It did. I returned it. Today I got another refurb because it froze and nothing would get it moving. Turns out RIM has their system down, not way to get my phone back working and they tell me MANY customers will be without email, etc this weekend. TIme to move on to apple?
    10-01-11 06:32 PM
    all you have to do is a battery pull for 30 seconds at least. i experienced this issue lot of time and then i found this solution and it really works.
    10-02-11 03:47 PM
    Yeah mine tend to freeze sometimes to but its nothing that bothers me to much.. But it is starting to happen more frequently now and I don't know how to resolve the problem

10-02-11 05:26 PM
    Ive had this phone about 3 months, wever just recently really upgraded from old flip phones to these smart phones, mine, just mine, i have a bberry, first got it, saw it freezes up, so i was w/in a few days swapped it out, still does it. does it enough to where im just at the point where i leave my case off now bcuz i have to friggin take the battery out to fix the freezing!! apparently this is a bberry thing. what's the deal
    10-07-11 03:07 AM
    I do know i have to pull battery out, but it's annoying, and if it's such a common thing then why isnt something being done about it???
    all you have to do is a battery pull for 30 seconds at least. i experienced this issue lot of time and then i found this solution and it really works.
    10-07-11 03:09 AM
    I've had my phone 5 days and the only problems I've had have been minor fixed with a battery pull. Had a text message that would not clear from notifications bar despite already having deleted the text. And this morning my browser wouldn't open. Try upgrading your OS or exchange.

what's os system?? and mine sometimes also just starts randomly going through the screen icons and highlighting things. and if im texting, sometimes the cursor starts going backwards, and the letters get swapped. so ill have with my left fingertip hold the scrollpad, and with the other hand finger, try to text!! and also, someone mentioned texts not erasing, mine sometimes too, some fb notifications,ill hit delete prior, dont work. the freezing is very annoying, and thats why i leave my cover off, cuz as soon as i put the damn cover on, never fails it decides to freeze then too. its my 2nd torch within 4 months. im outta my 30 switch period, i have insurance, maybe its the torch?? but thats the only bbery that has the sliding keyboard.i like myphone though.
    10-07-11 03:17 AM
    Yeah mine tend to freeze sometimes to but its nothing that bothers me to much.. But it is starting to happen more frequently now and I don't know how to resolve the problem

pulling the battery out every time is ridiculous, and if this is aproblem why dont they try and resolve it!!!
    10-07-11 03:19 AM
    yes, I got a new 9810 hoping that problem and others would not happen. It did. I returned it. Today I got another refurb because it froze and nothing would get it moving. Turns out RIM has their system down, not way to get my phone back working and they tell me MANY customers will be without email, etc this weekend. TIme to move on to apple?
    my phone was only .97 cents at my job. and its a good deal, wished i had sorta got an iphone. when i try to do stuff from app world its says app world having trouble connecting with app ?? something. wtf
    10-07-11 03:21 AM
    like now its froze!! ha ha i think its pissed at me for talking about it!!smh
    10-07-11 03:22 AM
    90% chance that upgrading to .225 will solve all freezing/lagging problems.
    Where can I find this version? I have .223 and my phone lags like crazy.
    12-20-11 07:58 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD