I am a BB owner since the first model except a 3 month trial of the iPhone 1. I currently have a Bold 9000 and a Curve 8320. The current iPhone smokes the torch, literally. The only thing I have found really positive is the browser is much better, but compared side by side to the iPhone it's not even close. I am not an iPhone fanboy. I really want to keep being loyal to Rim. I really love the Bold keyboard. I wanted touch screen for the apps and a better web experience.
1) first Torch I used had the Q and A switched. NOT labeled wrong, when typing it presented the incorrect character. Bad start. I also think the keyboard is crap. It has a little, thin feel and is awkward to type with the slide extended. It feels like I am going to drop it or something. I would probably get more use to the keyboard over time, but I just dont think it compares to the Bold.
2) Nice build but slider does not seem tight/firm. I can see it getting very lose over time.
3) Froze. Several times it froze solid and either had to wait 1 minute or reboot. I was asking it to change the ring tone. And that froze it? Bad sign.
4) Browser while the best yet for BB, was very slow to render the first part of the page. Side by side the iPhone trashed it. Jerky rendering much of the time and scrolling resulted in jumps, hangs, or nothing rendered for several seconds.
5) Touch screen is OK, but seems not accurate in selecting and sometimes doesn't react at all; takes 2 presses.
I really wanted the Torch. I would have accepted some faults that may be fixed thru patches, but compared to the bold, it just seems like a waste of $. I can afford to buy any phone I want outright like most people on here, I just couldn't see it yet. Maybe the next gen will be better, IF RIM can hang on and not go under. I own a bunch of their stock at 60+ so I do hope they continue on...
Back to my Bold.