Wondering if anyone else has come across this problem?

The H key is slightly lower than the other keys, so much so that it is hard to press it without pressing the J key as well. H seems to have less travel as well.

This is a brand new Rogers Torch, so new that I haven't put the battery in it yet.
    11-11-10 05:18 PM
    Nope, I'd swap it out.
    11-11-10 05:21 PM
    You should definitely take it back. It's a bit disconcerting how their quality controls been rather inconsistent.
    11-11-10 05:25 PM
    You should definitely take it back. It's a bit disconcerting how their quality controls been rather inconsistent.
    Uch agreed, but it was stated before that even though there are issues, they are not too common. This site is there to help those with problems with their phones, so it is a VERY common thing to wind up at crackberry to complain about an issue. The amount of complaints on the forums compared to the number of units sold may be a small percentage of the overall, never the less, I too wish that there was a tighter tolerance as I've gotten a malfunctioning torch. Luckily my second has been gold! But it is dishearting to come to the forums as a potential buyer and read all the "my torch broke" or "torch issues" threads, the image might not be great after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-10 05:41 PM
    My Bold 9000 is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. I got it Sept '08 within 2 weeks of the Canadian release. It has been used every day since. The battery still lasts a minimum of 2 days (no 3G here) between charges.

The Torch demo unit in the store felt solid and I hadn't noticed any keyboard inconsistencies. The only real Torch I had handled was an AT&T unit which had been dropped resulting in an extremely loose slider. Hence my question to gauge whether the H key issue was unique or widespread.
    Last edited by MrDave69; 11-11-10 at 06:19 PM.
    11-11-10 06:09 PM
    I would take it back. Mine is not like that at all. I don't think it's normal for the key to be like that.

Good luck!
    11-11-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD