my torch screen does its power saving thing and then sometimes i can not get it back, everything lights up but the screen doesnt come back. I have battery pulled a couple of times it worked once , the second time i connected it to my computer to try backing it up incase i had to return it and it worked. Does anyone know what the problem is ? is it software or hardware?
    i apologize in advance if this topic was mentioned before.
    03-25-11 05:14 AM
    Don't think this has ever been mentioned before, but I could be wrong. To me, it sounds like a software problem, but the hardware could be defective. If it has happened since the first time you had the phone, I would take it back. Or try updating the OS first. If that doesn't work, revert to default OS and return the phone. Unless someone has a more logical, better solution then the one I have given you.
    03-25-11 07:55 AM
    I recently had a problem with one of my Torchs doing something like that. The backlight would not come on some times, or when it did it would do goof stuff like if the backlight came on while the slider was closed if I slid it open the backlight would go off but all the other lights stayed on. In my case it was a hardware issue because I took out the main board (which has the OS on it) and swapped it into another Torch and all is working fine now.
    03-25-11 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD