Definitely embarrassed to ask this question ... guess I've been in iPhone world too long ... well I'm back

But, I picked up a Torch at Bell today, setting up my email, msn and gmail no problem but damned if I can figure how to add our pop email addresses for our website....

There's no place/screen to enter the pop / smtp settings?

In email set up I click on 'Other', then it takes you to the screen to enter email address and password, click OK and can't get past that screen ... I get an error saying 'can't connect, contact web admin. I get the error I realize because I haven't entered in my pop settings etc.

Can someone please point out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
    10-07-10 07:27 PM
    Do it from a PC off the BIS website for your carrier.

On the device under email setttings, add a new account once logged in. There is an "other" choice. Put in bogus settings and let it fail. Then select "I will supply the settings" at the bottom. Correct everything from before and enter your server info. You should be good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 07:54 PM
    Thanks, but I get this message "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

Then when I try and do it via Set up on the phone it doesn't give me the option to put in pop etc.

I read in the Help section that only same data plans allows for pop email access, at $65 a month my plan should include that of course. Call Bell Tech Support in the morning I guess ... oh, the pain ... first night with Torch - frustrating ...
    10-07-10 09:45 PM
    It should be easy if you are doing the setup over the phone. Go to email settings, click continue. You then just have to click add email enter email address, then enter password. Voila. All done,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD