So I've managed to drop my torch twice within the past few days but my dropped torch isn't as severe as I've seen about others dropping their phones. I just have a little scratch on the bottom right of the metal plate, but that's no big deal to me. My only concern is that the top/slider is now loose so every time I tap/use the touchscreen, there's a clicking noise and it's pretty annoying. I pretty much just want the top/slider removed and put back on so it's nice and tight again. I still have warranty on this phone as I just got it 4 months ago, but I'm pretty sure warranty doesn't cover clumsiness . Anybody have a clue as to how much this will cost to repair? If it isn't too expensive, I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks!
    01-15-11 11:19 PM
    Warranty don't but insurance does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 11:48 PM
    Haven't heard of any insurance on my phone :/
    01-15-11 11:51 PM
    Ummm you take insurance out with the carrier. Att's has a $50 deductable.

01-16-11 12:22 AM
    I'm in Canada... with Telus. I just read up on their Device Protection Plan that costs $7/month. With the Torch, I would still have to pay $150 for them to send me a replacement phone.
    01-16-11 12:24 AM
    Scratch this thread. I have seemed to fix my phone myself.
    01-16-11 12:45 AM
    Are you serious? Att has em for $99 now.

01-16-11 12:45 AM
    Yeah, I know. It costs a lot more to get a phone fixed than getting a new one with a contract. BUT good news, I somehow managed to fix it myself by pressing down really hard on the top/slider as I slid down the screen. No more clicking sound
    01-16-11 12:49 AM
    I'm in Canada... with Telus. I just read up on their Device Protection Plan that costs $7/month. With the Torch, I would still have to pay $150 for them to send me a replacement phone.
    Telus used to be a great carrier but now they've become money hungry (ie would do anything to get money). I have the best buy protection plan, $12.99 a month for the Torch and you will get a new one no matter what happens to it (except screen cracks and water damage ofcourse). Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't deducting it from your credit card but its worth not paying $700 everytime something major happens to it.

01-16-11 12:53 AM
    Telus used to be a great carrier but now they've become money hungry (ie would do anything to get money). I have the best buy protection plan, $12.99 a month for the Torch and you will get a new one no matter what happens to it (except screen cracks and water damage ofcourse). Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't deducting it from your credit card but its worth not paying $700 everytime something major happens to it.

But aren't most phone damages screen cracks? :/ What do they do about those?
    01-16-11 01:07 AM
    Yeah, I know. It costs a lot more to get a phone fixed than getting a new one with a contract. BUT good news, I somehow managed to fix it myself by pressing down really hard on the top/slider as I slid down the screen. No more clicking sound
    That's pretty sensational for a Newbie. All Torch owners take note...!
    01-16-11 01:13 AM
    But aren't most phone damages screen cracks? :/ What do they do about those?
    If that happens I'd have to go to Rogers and nagotiate a deal with them. If they give me a refurbished one, I can go to best buy and replace it with a new one. With any phone I have i'm still covered under the insurrance plan if I even buy a 9780 because i'm paying for the plan which can't be cancelled (pre-authorized payment on my credit card). And also I never had any screen cracks with any of my previous phones because I put a case and a screen protector which currently have on this one as well. This one currently has a screen wobble, I can go in tomorrow morning and a get a new one just like that if a want. But for the sake of this zagg screen protector I decided not to lol.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-16-11 at 01:18 AM.
    01-16-11 01:15 AM
    That's pretty sensational for a Newbie. All Torch owners take note...!
    It just takes desperation and being broke!
    01-16-11 01:28 AM
    If that happens I'd have to go to Rogers and nagotiate a deal with them. If they give me a refurbished one, I can go to best buy and replace it with a new one. With any phone I have i'm still covered under the insurrance plan if I even buy a 9780 because i'm paying for the plan which can't be cancelled (pre-authorized payment on my credit card). And also I never had any screen cracks with any of my previous phones because I put a case and a screen protector which currently have on this one as well. This one currently has a screen wobble, I can go in tomorrow morning and a get a new one just like that if a want. But for the sake of this zagg screen protector I decided not to lol.

Yeah, I paid $30 for a pouch case. Ask me why I don't use it and I couldn't tell you. What's a screen wobble?
    01-16-11 01:31 AM
    Yeah, I paid $30 for a pouch case. Ask me why I don't use it and I couldn't tell you. What's a screen wobble?
    Its when the slider part is wiggling, like what's causing the clicking sound. I used to call it "wiggle" but apperantly everyone here's been calling it "wobble" so I just went with it to avoid a confusion lol.

01-16-11 01:38 AM
    Its when the slider part is wiggling, like what's causing the clicking sound. I used to call it "wiggle" but apperantly everyone here's been calling it "wobble" so I just went with it to avoid a confusion lol.

Ohhhh yeah, that was the problem with mine. And I was manage to fix it... this time.
    01-16-11 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD