08-31-10 11:03 AM
    "The Torch has quickly settled down after launch and is now in a "stable" rate but isn't seen doing anything to improve RIM's revenue, even with the price going back up to $200."

Zero credibility with that statement alone. Analists, what ya gonna do.

The fact is the price didn't drop to begin with let alone "go back up" and apparently this guy doesn't understand the system at all because RIM get paid regardless of how big a subsidy the carrier is willing to apply. Just another moron writing for the sake of writing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-31-10 at 11:16 AM.
    08-31-10 11:05 AM
    you can say the same with iphone 4... 70% of the buyers are upgrades from iphone, iphone 3G and iphone 3GS.
    and you don't see people from T mobile or Verizon flocking to AT&T just for the iphone..
    08-31-10 11:05 AM
    The other analyst did make an interesting point about 74 percent of companies having policies that allowed Android and the iPhone, and that half of those companies added the policy just in the past year.

We've been able to use the iPhone with work e-mail since early this year (don't know about Android phones). I only know a couple of people that have gone that route, however. (And we all buy our own phones.)
    08-31-10 11:12 AM
    Meanwhile the Torch has held the top #1 or #2 spot on Amazon.com since launch - it has only dropped to #2 when one of the Android phones has been dropped in price to $0.01. Every time that Android price has gone back to normal, the Torch has gone back to #1.

Amazon.com Cell Phones & Service Bestsellers: The most popular items on Amazon.com (Updated hourly)
    08-31-10 11:31 AM
    Another market manipulator.... RIMM currently down $2+ for the day.....US analysts so narrow minded....Torch world release not for another 2 weeks... don't know how any analyst worth their degree can guage anything in 3 wks especially in this econmic climate. Let's see the numbers at the end of the year. RIM on the verge of possibly launching BIS in China.... how many millions of potential subscribers would that be? Where is that report?
    08-31-10 11:43 AM
    For every one person that comes in for the Torch, 20 people come in for an iPhone.
    08-31-10 11:57 AM
    For every one person that comes in for the Torch, 20 people come in for an iPhone.
    i think you're missing a zero. for every 1 Torch there are 200 iphone4/iphone3GS subscribers.
    that's why Apple is the number 1 phone manufacturer in the Universe.. overtaking Nokia..

now back to the real world.
    08-31-10 12:05 PM
    That might very well be true but all apple have is the iphone which is why RIM consistently outsell them. Try again.

08-31-10 12:06 PM
    this message came up on my thomson one, and i got a kick out of it.

The analyst said that 74 percent of those with work e-mail had policies that allowed Android, iPhone and other platforms". ...So back in university when I use to write papers, you needed to add a footnote, or something in MLA format to show your citation.

Well, here's news for you 95% of businesses use blackberrys. and I don't feel like putting a citation or proof of my research. ((F-ing Analysts))

Lastly, Bernstein research's #1 client...in alphabetical order is Apple, this made me chuckle.
    08-31-10 12:07 PM
    Was AT&T foolishly hoping Torch would save them?
    08-31-10 12:09 PM

Have an iP4 and definitely not sipping on that kool aid
    08-31-10 12:22 PM
    this thread is full of wrong, first of all, torch sales are probably not far from where RIM was expecting them to be. that said, you can't compare it to the iphone. sure 75% of iphone sales may be upgrades, but that other 25% is more than the total 100% of all torch sales. so att is selling more iphones to new subscribers than they're selling of torch as a whole. THAT said, android is outselling the iphone by leaps and bounds registering around 250,000 phones per DAY. RIM isn't ever going to get people to switch from android/iphone to blackberry, for obvious reasons. but for now they're managing to convince a decent number of subscribers to stay.
    08-31-10 12:30 PM
    i think you're missing a zero. for every 1 Torch there are 200 iphone4/iphone3GS subscribers.
    that's why Apple is the number 1 phone manufacturer in the Universe.. overtaking Nokia..

now back to the real world.
    That might very well be true but all apple have is the iphone which is why RIM consistently outsell them. Try again.

Have an iP4 and definitely not sipping on that kool aid

I understand you all don't work for AT&T everyday. I do.

The number of people coming in for the Torch pales in comparison to those asking for an iPhone 4. 20 to 1 might even be conservative.
    08-31-10 12:46 PM
    I understand you all don't work for AT&T everyday. I do.

The number of people coming in for the Torch pales in comparison to those asking for an iPhone 4. 20 to 1 might even be conservative.
    looking at your devices.. you don't seem to have any blackberry devices .. yet your on a blackberry forum.......

your on a blackberry forum because?
    08-31-10 01:05 PM
    looking at your devices.. you don't seem to have any blackberry devices .. yet your on a blackberry forum.......

your on a blackberry forum because?
    Because I've owned more blackberries than you I'd bet, and probably know more about them than you.

Happy?
    08-31-10 01:11 PM
    Because I've owned more blackberries than you I'd bet, and probably know more about them than you.

Happy?

removed message ...

your lucky i already got a warning ... id shut u up for good ...

iphone is a ****************************** peice of **************** device.

they put **** in their that you have no need for

front facing camera? for what .. to use for video calling ON WIFI ONLY?
    higher resolution? the torch screen is fine for what it needs to do .. your not gonna watch a *********** 2 hour movie on your dam phone
    1ghz ... what the ********* are you gonna do with that ****?

all these ppl that are buying this peice of **** iphone 4 are bandwagan jumpers .... its the same peice of **** phone that was out 4 years ago ... they put **** in it that looks good on paper but doesnt do **** for the consumer
    Last edited by insaini; 08-31-10 at 01:25 PM.
    08-31-10 01:18 PM
    lmao .... u really think so eh?

so because you think you know everythin about blackberry ... you come on to these blackberry forums and you think you can say what ever you want cause your like the blackberry guru yet you dont own one single blackberry device?

get the **** outta here .. dont talk **** unless you own the device your talking **** about .. ****in ******
    actually you appear to be the one with the ' i can say whatever i want' attitude. namecalling, swearing...that's enough to get you banned, have fun with that.
    08-31-10 01:22 PM
    actually you appear to be the one with the ' i can say whatever i want' attitude. namecalling, swearing...that's enough to get you banned, have fun with that.
    actually it was removied .. but i guess ur comp is very slow ..
    08-31-10 01:27 PM
    actually it was removied .. but i guess ur comp is very slow ..
    as you can see by the timestamps, i posted that reply before you edited your post, so clearly the speed of my computer has nothing to do with it.
    08-31-10 01:28 PM

removed message ...

your lucky i already got a warning ... id shut u up for good ...

iphone is a ****************************** peice of **************** device.

they put **** in their that you have no need for

front facing camera? for what .. to use for video calling ON WIFI ONLY?
    higher resolution? the torch screen is fine for what it needs to do .. your not gonna watch a *********** 2 hour movie on your dam phone
    1ghz ... what the ********* are you gonna do with that ****?

all these ppl that are buying this peice of **** iphone 4 are bandwagan jumpers .... its the same peice of **** phone that was out 4 years ago ... they put **** in it that looks good on paper but doesnt do **** for the consumer
    there isn't much of a valid point to any of this nonsense rant. torch and iphone are priced at the same $amount. iphone 4's hardware makes the torch look like a razr. you're really making the argument that you don't want features and that if blackberry released a phone with those features you wouldn't want it?
    08-31-10 01:30 PM
    as you can see by the timestamps, i posted that reply before you edited your post, so clearly the speed of my computer has nothing to do with it.
    lol well im glad your comp is not slow ... the message is not their anymore and i made the point i wanted to make ... if you have anything to add to it ... plz do ... i know the consequences i dont need them repeated to me by you ..

thanks
    08-31-10 01:32 PM

Happy?
    yawn!
    08-31-10 01:33 PM
    lol well im glad your comp is not slow ... the message is not their anymore and i made the point i wanted to make ... if you have anything to add to it ... plz do ... i know the consequences i dont need them repeated to me by you ..

thanks
    consequences will never be the same
    08-31-10 01:33 PM
    there isn't much of a valid point to any of this nonsense rant. torch and iphone are priced at the same $amount. iphone 4's hardware makes the torch look like a razr. you're really making the argument that you don't want features and that if blackberry released a phone with those features you wouldn't want it?
    EXTACYLY .. i dont need those features .. there killing battery life .. why the **** would i want **** that eats battery and i dont use?!?!?!

a razr? the only thing even CLOSE to a razr here is the iphone 4 and its reception issues

i want a phone that i can get my work done on through out the day ... emails appointments ... word / excel files once in a while ... i can get that done on a blackberry ... if it had those other features .. waht ever i dont use them i dont care ... but atleast it has the stuff that i need and i know works

the iphone is a cellphone version of a PSP ... what the **** are you gonna get done using a virtual keyboard? NOTHING

it has all those features to make it look good .. but in reality ... its not a productivity phone .. its a toy
    08-31-10 01:36 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD