Hey- everytime I plug my phone into my computer lately, desktop manager says connecting and i got the arrows on my phone as the icons between phone and computer, and then the icons disappear and the phone drops my desktop manager, then my phone crashes.

This torch is having a laundry list of other issues and needs to be warranty swapped but I want to back my contacts and BBM up. Any advice on how to do this or fix desktop manager or anything?
    12-08-10 06:17 PM
    I noticed similar behavior after upgrading my Torch's OS to the .337 build. All I had to do was remove and then reinstall Desktop Manager and it then found my Torch right away.
    12-08-10 06:39 PM
    but was it crashing your phone?
    12-08-10 08:26 PM
    Another option is to back up your BBM contacts via the back up options within BBM. I always go remotely. And another option to back up your pics and contacts if another PC isn't available is to sign up for myoutlook security app. It backs up pics and contacts. These are just work arounds, not sure why it would crash your phone to begin with but I agree with the uninstall of DTM completely and reinstall fresh. It may or may not work but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by escobar973; 12-09-10 at 07:28 AM.
    12-09-10 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD