I've set my calendar's initial view to be Agenda but everytime I open the calendar it shows Day view. I go back to my settings and it's reverted to Day view. Anyone else have this problem? Can it be resolved??
    10-01-10 08:53 AM
    Mine is set to Agenda and it stays agenda... are you sure you are saving after you set it?
    10-01-10 09:21 AM
    Yes, about 20X now.
    I think I should bring it back.
    10-01-10 10:20 AM
    Yes, about 20X now.
    I think I should bring it back.
    Mine does the same thing. My guess is that it's an OS bug. Are you using OS .246?

The good news is that there is a work around. Go to your calendar and change it to Agenda (or Day, Week, Month... whichever you prefer) and then go to the calendar settings and change "Initial View" to "Most Recent". Save and your problem should be fixed.

Let me know if it works for you.
    10-03-10 01:43 AM
    Btw, any way to compress the day view in Calendar? I'd like for the whole day (or most of it) to fit on one screen, as in OS 5.Each row is way too tall...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:08 AM
    I had the same problem with the Torch saving the Agenda View. This solution (courtesy of ATT tech support) worked.
    Go to calendar/options/calendar display and actions
    Set initial view to "Agenda"
    Now---Go to menu ("Blackberry button") and save (do NOT use the exit-save combination)

The other solution mentioned in this thread (setting view to "most recent") also works for me but is not quite the same result.
    10-04-10 05:59 PM
    Does anyone else have the issue where the calendar app goes to the LAST appointment instead of today's date in agenda view? It's annoying.

10-04-10 06:11 PM
    Does anyone else have the issue where the calendar app goes to the LAST appointment instead of today's date in agenda view? It's annoying.

I'm guessing you are on a Lotus BES. Check out this thread and post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showpos...92&postcount=8
    10-04-10 08:40 PM
    I'm guessing you are on a Lotus BES. Check out this thread and post: http://forums.crackberry.com/showpos...92&postcount=8
    I'm not on BES. Just BIS.

Oddly enough, changing the color of my "Default" calendar fixed the issue... Go figure

10-05-10 08:38 AM
    Btw, any way to compress the day view in Calendar? I'd like for the whole day (or most of it) to fit on one screen, as in OS 5.Each row is way too tall...

I am wondering the same....would love to change it to the old view. Help?
    10-05-10 04:30 PM
    I'm not on BES. Just BIS.

Oddly enough, changing the color of my "Default" calendar fixed the issue... Go figure

Hey i'm having the same issue.

Where did u change the colour of the Default calendar?

UPDATE:
    Mine didn't get fixed with the colour change
    BUT it fixed when I added "free time" to the agenda view =S
    Last edited by nashstruck; 10-05-10 at 05:12 PM.
    10-05-10 05:07 PM
    Hey i'm having the same issue.

Where did u change the colour of the Default calendar?

UPDATE:
    Mine didn't get fixed with the colour change
    BUT it fixed when I added "free time" to the agenda view =S
    My fix only worked until the next reboot. It's back to the same issue....

I know "Show Free Time" fixes the issue, but it also clutters up the view and I have no use for that...

10-05-10 05:20 PM
    Yes thank you it did.
    10-08-10 01:20 PM
    Thanks, the solutions you provided helped. I now enter Agenda view all the time and at the correct date.

However, I just discovered that I can't delete an occurrence of a series. I tried multiple ways but the occurrence will just not go away, even aftr a reboot. Any advice????
    10-08-10 01:28 PM
    So did anyone have a perm fix for this problem where you remove free time and then the default agenda view opens up to the last event in your calendar or some end date in 2011? It's so annoying - I feel that I ALWAYS have issues with any technology I own....
    11-15-10 01:12 PM
    So did anyone have a perm fix for this problem where you remove free time and then the default agenda view opens up to the last event in your calendar or some end date in 2011? It's so annoying - I feel that I ALWAYS have issues with any technology I own....
    Upgrading to .337 fixed the issue for me.
    11-16-10 09:50 AM
    Upgrading to .337 fixed the issue for me.
    My guess is you have moved to BIS or from a company BES server or imported appointments from an old blackberry. I had exactly the same problem. You can fix it by entering another recurring appointment, like a birthday, that goes past the last date you currently have an appointment for. Also, delete the imported appointments and then reenter them again. This should do the trick.

05-23-11 04:35 PM
    Its a .246 bug. Upgrade your phone and it'll be fixed.

05-24-11 03:02 AM
    Replied to an old thread.
    05-24-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD