What's your take on the Torch 99 price at certain sites?

Do you already have yours, or will the drop in price get you to buy now?

What's your take on the future of the Torch?
    08-18-10 01:01 PM
    08-18-10 01:08 PM
    This is probably a troll making a new account to anger people by posting a redundant thread. If not, please use the search function:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ri...-sales-515020/

And FYI it's clear that there was never a price cut. Amazon sold the Torch for $99 from the day it was released.

Amazon.com price for BlackBerry Torch is no cut - Computerworld
    08-18-10 01:14 PM
    Funny how there was no mention of the cheaper price with Amazon at the release event though :s
    08-18-10 01:19 PM
    Not really funny so much as common sense considering it was a RIM and AT&T release event. AT&T aren't going to point customers somewhere else.

I'm curious what release even has pointed the user to amazon though? The droid x released $50 cheaper on amazon than on Verizon, I didn't see vz put out a press release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-18-10 at 01:24 PM.
    08-18-10 01:22 PM
    It strikes me as odd though that when the iPwn went to $99 the people that start these kind of threads held reacharound street parties, yet for the BB it spells RIM's impending doom.
    08-18-10 01:31 PM
    This is probably a troll making a new account to anger people by posting a redundant thread. If not, please use the search function:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ri...-sales-515020/

And FYI it's clear that there was never a price cut. Amazon sold the Torch for $99 from the day it was released.

Amazon.com price for BlackBerry Torch is no cut - Computerworld
    If a thread gets too long, I think some people will jump out and start a new related thread. What often happens in a long thread is a debate gets going between a few responders on the thread. Perhaps a CrackBerrian comes along and wants to post to that thread, but feels the thread has gone off on a different tangent because of a given debate on the thread. So, they start a new thread, related to the original. As if to make a public announcement of "Let's get back on topic, folks!"
    08-18-10 01:42 PM
    If a thread gets too long, I think some people will jump out and start a new related thread. What often happens in a long thread is a debate gets going between a few responders on the thread. Perhaps a CrackBerrian comes along and wants to post to that thread, but feels the thread has gone off on a different tangent because of a given debate on the thread. So, they start a new thread, related to the original. As if to make a public announcement of "Let's get back on topic, folks!"
    But this was an "invalid" topic to begin with -- there was no price cut.

This thread should be closed.
    08-18-10 01:45 PM
    What's your take on the Torch Price Cut?

Do you already have yours, or will the drop in price get you to buy now?

What's your take on the future of the Torch?
    I liken it to TV ratings in America and the schedule life of a given TV show. You got 10 million viewers loving a particular show, but the network cancels that show because it considers a show a success only if they get 20 million viewers or more. Now, to those 10 million viewers, that show was great and they don't want to see it get cancelled. But the network wants or needs a much higher viewer count to justify the expense of keeping the show on the schedule.

To get back on BlackBerry, I get a strong impression that RIM is not targeting existing BlackBerry users in their new devices. They're trying to get Android and iPhone users to switch to BlackBerry. Not likely that the other platform users will want to give up a faster device with more memory and better graphical user interface to come to a slower device like the Torch. BlackBerry users will buy the Torch. I am not sure how many iPhone and Android users will. The question is not will some switch, but rather like the TV ratings example, will enough users switch to consider BlackBerry Torch a success?
    08-18-10 01:57 PM
    But this was an "invalid" topic to begin with -- there was no price cut.

This thread should be closed.
    I disagree with you on the point that the thread should be closed, because the OP added the question, "What's your take on the future of the Torch?" That question by itself, makes this thread different than the original and makes it relevant to this forum. Look at my answer to the OP, for example. Did I mention anything about a price cut? No. I did not. I simply answered one of the questions the OP offered.
    08-18-10 02:04 PM
    Ok I have reopened the thread! As we may know the price has not dropped, it was ALWAYS 99 at certain sites, such as Amazone, and Wirefly, BUT they have conditions. And you can also still pay ATT more money if you want! But the OP has asked other questions, and one of our posters wants to explore those questions.

EDIT: I also made a key edit to the title and the first post to make it more realistic to the new thread topic. Have at it guys Be cool!
    08-18-10 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD