The 9810 with the higher screen resolution really has me sold.
    08-15-11 06:06 PM
    Hate the torch, loved the 9000. Moving to 9900 in 2013 when it's released on ATT.
    2013 ?? !! are you serious? are you that patient?
    08-16-11 08:14 AM
    I love the 9800 series, went from a 9800 to the 9810.
    I considered the bold but when I picked it up it felt way to wide to me, i know its because of the keyboard, however I prefer the larger screen/form factor of the torch.
    08-16-11 08:23 AM
    I loved my Bold 9000, and while there are times I miss the simplicity of having a big wide physical keyboard instantly available without having to slide anything open, I have long since accustomed myself to both the form factor and larger screen of the 9800. With the 9810's boost in both screen resolution and internal power available for only a $49 upgrade -- and since I already have all of the accessories -- I really can't justify buying the 9900. After paying for the 9900, the upgrade fee, and new accessories, we're close to three bills, as opposed to under $70 for the 9810. Plus I won't have to wait three months and I'll have the same power -- and a better camera.
    08-16-11 08:34 AM
    I loved my Bold 9000, and while there are times I miss the simplicity of having a big wide physical keyboard instantly available without having to slide anything open, I have long since accustomed myself to both the form factor and larger screen of the 9800. With the 9810's boost in both screen resolution and internal power available for only a $49 upgrade -- and since I already have all of the accessories -- I really can't justify buying the 9900. After paying for the 9900, the upgrade fee, and new accessories, we're close to three bills, as opposed to under $70 for the 9810. Plus I won't have to wait three months and I'll have the same power -- and a better camera.
    I love my 9900 but love phones so bought a 9810 to play around with ( like the form factor). Its a really nice phone. Camera isnt that much better for my uses. The flash is alot weaker in the 9810 and 9900 pics have looked better so far. I love the screen size of the 9810. One thing i have come to love is call shortcuts with the 9900 with out having to slide open the keyboard. Both nice phones
    08-22-11 03:51 PM
    I am trying to decide between 9900 and 9810. The 9900 is a bit more expensive and I am not sure why. 9810 screen resolution is better, close up pictures on the 9810 way better. Maybe I am missing something ? I don't care about NFC.

Since the HP Pre 3 has kicked the bucket, I am about ready to purchase a 9810. I will really have to hold my nose to switch to ATT, but I think I will be happier with the 9810.
    08-22-11 05:48 PM
    I am trying to decide between 9900 and 9810. The 9900 is a bit more expensive and I am not sure why. 9810 screen resolution is better, close up pictures on the 9810 way better. Maybe I am missing something ? I don't care about NFC.

Since the HP Pre 3 has kicked the bucket, I am about ready to purchase a 9810. I will really have to hold my nose to switch to ATT, but I think I will be happier with the 9810.
    Both phones are nice. Personally I think the 9900 is a higher end phone material wise. Really comes down to form factor you prefer. I am on my 9900 and got the 9810 yesterday put the sim in used for a few hours and back to the 9900. Will switch back to the 9810 and make myself use it for a day or so. I just really love the keyboard on the 9900. Its amazing. Also like being able to dial as soon as I pick the phone up without having to slide open or going through menues
    lactose likes this.
    08-22-11 05:54 PM
    The 9810 with the higher screen resolution really has me sold.
    The 9810 has the same resolution as the 9900.

I have to go with the 9900, I do like the fact that the 9810 has a slightly bigger screen but typing on a keyboard that doesn't sit level with the trackpad is a major no no. I am surprised no one has ever mentioned this but most touch screens are too big to type efficiently. A longer reach for each key just makes typing that much harder. For typing the 9900/9000 form factor cannot be beat IMO, they don't have physical barriers the 9810/9800 phones have. They are also much easier to handle by a great margin, in all situations. and you can use both hands when charging, unlike the 9810/9800.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 06:21 PM
    I have never had a candy bar phone, maybe I should try it. One thing I did notice with the 9930 I played with is when I scrolled down the screen with my finger sometime went off the screen onto the track pad, which tries to move the screen the opposite direction. That is probably something to which you can adapt.
    08-22-11 06:32 PM
    so which one did u end up buying? coz i m making same decision.. and i want to knw which one u finally got? i hate the qwerty keypad of torch... its too small and the keys are not comfortable to type on.. i m in love with the keypad of bold 9900.. but i also like bigger touch screen of 9810... help?
    10-05-11 01:54 PM
    so which one did u end up buying? coz i m making same decision.. and i want to knw which one u finally got? i hate the qwerty keypad of torch... its too small and the keys are not comfortable to type on.. i m in love with the keypad of bold 9900.. but i also like bigger touch screen of 9810... help?
    Unfortunately nobody else can tell you what's going to suit you best. The touch screen on the 9900 isn't all that much smaller than the 9810, really. Considering how much you prefer the larger keyboard, you might very well find that the 9900's screen is big enough for you. The only way to know is to go try out both of them. I've yet to see or hear from anyone who has a 9900 complain about the screen size -- or anything else, for that matter.

Me, I went and did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do and grabbed a 9810 the day after it came out without looking at a 9900 first. Because I'm just too damn impatient (and Qbnkelt can be very persuasive ). I have no complaints -- the phone is sick fast and I love the larger display -- but of course I'm wondering if I would have liked the 9900 better. Fortunately each day with the T2 I'm wondering just a little bit less.

10-05-11 03:23 PM
    They have some differences like the 9900 has a smaller landscape screen, NFC, an EDOF camera instead of Auto Focus, a smaller battery, and a bigger keypad. The big difference in my opinion is the 9900 is so much easier to use because it eliminates the awkward slider/keyboard/rotating/heavy/mis-placed trackpad aspects that make the 9810 rather hard to use when your "on the go". I like my Wifes 9810 but after spending some time with a 9930 at Verizon it's very clear the 99XX phones are a great deal ahead of the 98XX phones when it comes to ergonomics.

I have spent a lot of time with her 9810 since Aug 21st and I currently use a 9000 and feel comfortable recommending the 9900 over the 9810 by a great margin. Landscape for me is much better for looking at the web and videos and with the 9900 that doesn't mean turning the phone sideways. Being forced to use the virtual keypad when the phone is tilted 90 degrees is a pain in the ****. Trying to use the trackpad when the slider is closed is a pain in the **** because its at the bottom of the phone. Trying to open the slider with one hand is a pain in the ****. Trying to type and or use the trackpad one handed is a pain in the ****. Trying to use the physical keypad when the phone is charging is a major pain in the ****. Trying to hold in the "alt" key when your typing numbers in series is a pain in the ****.

One advantage I found when using the 9810 was surfing "YouTube" with the phone turned on it's side and having the slightly larger screen.

This is how they work for me anyway.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-06-11 at 12:57 AM.
    10-06-11 12:52 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD