Ok, i recently bought my first blackberry and i have problems already, When at home i want to connect my blackberry to my WiFi home network so i can access the browser etc... However i am having trouble, every time i go to turn the wifi on in the 'manage connections' section, i get the error 'wifi radio is off' 'unable to turn wifi on'

I have done some reading and have heard of the BIS, do i need to purchase this? Surely i can connect to my home wifi without the BIS! The wifi has connected before, but has only been for small amounts of time.

I am in the UK on the Tesco Mobile Network.

I have tried re installing the software, and many battery pulls but nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated.
    12-19-11 09:01 AM
    You do need the BIS to access wi-fi because the device needs wi-fi Service Books to connect which are downloaded when you access the BIS for the first time.
    12-19-11 09:06 AM
    So, if i purchase the BIS once, can i let it expire and after that month and still be able to connect to my home network?

thanks for the fast reply!
    12-19-11 09:10 AM
    I don't know the answer to this. I have known some previous BlackBerry devices that were still able to access wi-fi without a SIM Card inserted because they had wi-fi Service Books, but I do not know how long that would continue to be the case without the ability to refresh them.
    12-19-11 09:17 AM
    Contact your carrier and get a Blackberry data plan, with BIS you will have all the needed service and you will be able to use WIFI and even enjoy the BBM
    12-20-11 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD