I have read with interest the postings about "nuked" Torch 9800s after the installation of new apps, because the same happen to me a few weeks ago whilst away on holiday.
    I had installed a couple of apps that I thought would be useful for my trip, but on the 3rd day the phone went into a repeated reboot. I later narrowed the fault to one of the new apps that I had installed when I had restored the phone.
    A week later, I bought a new travel app from App World and this caused the phone to reboot as soon as the installation had finished. I have read that some people have had similar problems with BBM Music.
    Thanks to those who have posted the cures, but I would like to know what the cause is and what I can do to prevent it from happening again.
    I am using OS v6.0.0.668 and have been for several months now. I suspect that it is a compatibility issue between the OS and the apps. It looks like I will still need to use this phone until the end of the year when BB10 comes, but I don't have the confidence in it to install any new apps at present.
    02-15-12 03:47 PM
    In my experience, it happens (endless reboot), when I don't restart BB when it asked me to, and then installed/updated another app, or another app runs like slide to unlock or the when bb screen locked. When I installed something, I just leave it be without even touching it. hehe

But the only app i had problem with no matter what I do is whatsapp. It always mess my BB. Anyhow, if you have recently installed or updated an app and cause an endless reboot, try this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-app-695007/
    02-22-12 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD