Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Torch 9800 Physical Keyboard too Sensitive

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity settings on the physical keyboard? It capitalizes letters way too quickly for me. I want to have to hold the key down a little longer before it automatically capitalizes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2352EE3E

As far as I know, no. But what I wanna know is why would you wanna hold down the key if you don't wanna capitalize the letter?
    My Facebook | My Youtube | PC-Spot (My Main Site)
    I have been permanently Torch'd...and loving every second of it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Would it helped if you changed the key rate?
    J. Porter
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Torch 9800
    Thanked by:
    homer1475 (05-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

are you referring to the device automatically capitalizing the first work of each new sentence.. ? i think it has less to do with the sensitivity, and more to do with the input settings...
    T Brenn | tbrennan@crackberry.com
    BB Q10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1"
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by justineporter View Post
    Would it helped if you changed the key rate?
    Only one to answer correctly. If you turn the key rate down(Options > Typing and Input > Keyboard) it will take longer to capitalize the letter when holding down on the physical key. I currently have mine set to medium slow as I find I was capitalizing way more then I was trying to.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    mrbjr (05-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    Only one to answer correctly. If you turn the key rate down(Options > Typing and Input > Keyboard) it will take longer to capitalize the letter when holding down on the physical key. I currently have mine set to medium slow as I find I was capitalizing way more then I was trying to.
    Homer1475, I was just thinking the same thing... kinda shocked at all the other responses... lol