Hi Friends,

I am very new to crackberry.com.
    I had purchased a BB Torch 9800, last saturday. I had an 8520 before. The only problem i am facing with this BB 9800,is that, I am not able to type text messages (SMS), that go more than one line.
    If i happen to type an sms more than one line, and if i try to send it, it just disappears off from the screen, not found anywhere else.

Does anyone noe a remedy to this ??

Awaiting all your comments for this query.
    06-28-11 08:23 AM
    Hmmmm that sounds weird. What OS? (You can type myver in any text box to see what OS you're running) Try updating to the latest OS via DM.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 08:27 AM
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for reading my thread and thanx for the reply.
    I have updated the OS of the Torch to the latest version, from their Website.
    myver shows 9800/6.0.0.546

any ideas on this ??
    06-28-11 08:37 AM
    if the battery pull does not fix the issue....try a factory reset.....To Wipe All Data stored on Blackberry Torch 9800
    1. Select the Options app under the All tab.

2. Select Security.

3. Select Security Wipe.

4. Check the items you wish to remove:

* Emails, Contacts, etc.
    * User Installed Applications
    * Media Card

5. Type blackberry in the box, then tap Wipe.

The device will then take a few minutes to wipe all of the data. The BlackBerry Torch 9800 will then reboot restore to factory default state settings
    06-28-11 09:04 AM
    Uh, it should auto scroll up. some older OS loads when it does this the window does not auto expand thus making you think what you have typed is gone. If you keep typing and hit enter, you wil see the message go out and be properly shown in the thread. I am pretty sure this was a 400 series problem. I skipped the 500 series with exception of a 576 hybrid with 600. This does not happen in that load of the leaked 600.
    06-28-11 03:12 PM
    Try this

1) Go to Text Messages
    2)Press the blackberry key
    3)Go to Options
    4)You will see the <<Send Text Only Message as>> option. Choose Always SMS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD