So i've had my second Rogers torch for about a week (torch #1 died). My new torch and my old one are both mexico 5's. Here are my observations.

NEW ONE ROCKS!

solid as a rock, no wiggle, wobble like my previous one. still solid after a week of heavy usage. Battery is good. For those who are having battery issues you should train your battery for a few days and it will rock. Full charge and full discharge 3-4 times and your battery will work at it's peak. DO NOT charge in the middle of the day.

Running .246 and it's quick and responsive. Everything about my torch is awesome. Youtube works along with everything else. To all you naysayers out there, get over yourselves. Apple has nothing on BLACKBERRY. I've had almost every blackberry since the 950 and i love the torch!

Also, for those who think the wiggle has something to do with where it's made i have proof that it doesn't make a difference. Both are mexico 5 and my first one wobbled badly from the start and this one doesn't move at all.

the only thing that could possibly make a difference is that I know the new one i got was from a new batch of torch's rogers just received.
    Last edited by lovinbold; 10-30-10 at 11:12 PM.
    10-30-10 09:05 PM
    Glad to hear it...

Maybe RIM is getting QC under control........
    10-30-10 09:11 PM
    Awesome!!! I showed an iPhone user convert my Torch today. He is now pondering a switch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 09:37 PM
    So i've had my second Rogers torch for about a week (torch #1 died). My new torch and my old one are both mexico 5's. Here are my observations.

NEW ONE ROCKS!

solid as a rock, no wiggle, wobble like my previous one. still solid after a week of heavy usage. Battery is good. For those who are having battery issues you should train your battery for a few days and it will rock. Full charge and full discharge 3-4 times and your battery will work at it's peak. DO NOT charge in the middle of the day.

Running .246 and it's quick and responsive. Everything about my torch is awesome. Youtube works along with everything else. To all you naysayers out there, get over yourselves. Apple has nothing on BLACKBERRY. I've had almost every blackberry since the 950 and i love the torch!

Also, for those who think the wiggle has something to do with where it's made i have proof that it doesn't make a difference. Both are mexico 5 and my first one wobbled badly from the start and this one doesn't move at all.

the only thing that could possibly make a difference is that I know the new one i got was from a new batch of torch's rogers just received.
    My first 2 were mexico 4s.

Both had no wobble when closed/open.

My 3rd one HAD no wobble in its first week.. but has started to develop some now, only when open. it's getting VERY annoying.
    10-31-10 09:24 AM
    Glad to hear that #2 is working for you. I am on my 2nd as well (both Mexico 5's) and my 3rd is on order. Wobbles on both and #2 has intermittent issues with the touch screen not responding. My wife has a Mexico 5 as well, and its been rock solid since day 1. Its now a month old.
    10-31-10 08:09 PM
    I'm probably going to pick up a 9800 tomorrow. How do I know what batch mine belongs to and what is the latest??
    10-31-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD