box says made in Mexico with parts from Japan, France and another country..
    and i got the unit here in New England ( corp store in Massachusetts)
    08-14-10 12:05 AM
    I can't fault you for returning a lemon, a co-worker just got his and I quote " its f-ing solid dude". so luck could have have played a factor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 04:21 PM
    I am lucky I don't have any of those issues lamented in this forum (screen wiggle, lost BIS, tin can sounds..and so on). Maybe there are but I didn't notice them. What I do noted is there are many green users here..

08-30-10 07:29 PM
    Great review reading this makes me want to keep my 9700

08-30-10 07:55 PM
    the 9700 is still a good phone.. and can do mostly everything that the 9800 can..
    it can even last for 2 more years..
    let's talk iphone.. the iphone 3GS can do most of the things the iphone 4 can.. except the face time..
    there's no need to upgrade every 6 months or every year..
    i'm just saying!
    08-30-10 09:09 PM
    If someone wants to find something wrong with a phone they will. Sounds like you have your mind made up before you ever picked up the torch. To each their own. I like mine. Im sure I can find a dozen or so things wrong with the phone and/or the OS if I really wanted to, but I'm not looking and nothing has jumped out at me.
    08-30-10 09:22 PM
    yes blackberry Torch has Quality Control issue. This has been my fifth Torch until I got the acceptable one.

The first two were with yellow tint screen and blurry text, washed out, lacking of contrast.

The other two were with clacking slider.

The one I have now is very nice bright sharp, very similar to bold and onyx quality screen. Luckily didn't experience tin sound during call.

Sadly, you have to be patient with Torch swapping until you found the perfect one for you. and yes it is ashamed for such quality control.

Is yours Canada made? or Mexico 5? mexico 4? etc?
    08-30-10 09:55 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD