Wouldn't it be fun to get like 100 TMO customers to call TMO at, say, 9pm EDT, ask if they are getting the torch, and advising that we are all canceling our service for ATT on the 12th when it comes out? Whether or not we actually plan to, wouldn't that be interesting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 07:02 PM
    it would be hilarious because it wouldn't do anything, i suppose.
    08-03-10 07:04 PM
    Do you realize how much of a joke this is? What are the CSRs going to do about AT&T basically developing a phone with RIM that is exclusive to only them in the US? They can't do crap. So instead of tying up the phone lines for T-Mobile customers that have legitimate issues, why don't you just come to the realization that the 9800 is not coming to T-Mobile.
    08-03-10 07:09 PM
    K Bear, thanks. What's your source that it isn't coming to TMobile? I am not saying that it is, but how do you KNOW that it isn't?

08-03-10 07:12 PM
    Uhm. How about you give RIM a little breather so that it can make a version for your sad sad AWS frequencies.
    08-03-10 07:16 PM
    I read a lot of what is posted here on Crackberry from reputable posters (such as CX) as well as get information from family members that work for T-Mobile. For the most part people, it's always best to follow the Crackberry threads and those that are in the know.
    08-03-10 07:17 PM
    Uhm. How about you give RIM a little breather so that it can make a version for your sad sad AWS frequencies.
    There was no need for that.
    08-03-10 07:18 PM
    Seriously, folks. When did Crackberry become a flame fest about everyone else's carriers and phones as opposed to an information sharing forum? I have nothing negative to say about ATT except that TMO has services and features that work well for me so I'd like this exciting new phone to come to my carrier. What's with the nasty replies?

T-mobile wouldnt really be Cluttered from Calls..
    I mean, half of them would drop from switching from 3G to 2G anyways right?
    Nahh jk

But really, it would be people from all over. if all the calls went to one person maybe.
    It's best to wait for Proof. Nowhere on RIMS site does it state that it is a longterm exclusivity contract. I will wait until they or AT&T state otherwise.
    08-03-10 07:19 PM
    Seriously, folks. When did Crackberry become a flame fest about everyone else's carriers and phones as opposed to an information sharing forum? I have nothing negative to say about ATT except that TMO has services and features that work well for me so I'd like this exciting new phone to come to my carrier. What's with the nasty replies?

i think it's due to the somewhat oddbrained idea you had in the first post.
    08-03-10 07:21 PM
    Maybe, but in reading all of the other forums on this site I see a lot of angry commentary going on. And my suggestion was only in response to the petition suggested elsewhere and my desire to see my carrier step up and listen to its customers and perhaps design their own phone with RIM if it really isn't going to get this one.

08-03-10 07:28 PM
    I understood that from the first post...I can't understand why so many people are this riled up either.... yikes...

I do hope we can somehow send a clear message to TMobile that so many us are interested in this phone...
    08-03-10 07:31 PM
    If there was 1 perfect carrier, there wouldn't be any others, right? ATT certainly gets the kick *** phones and I just want TMO to realize us addicts to new technology need a little love too!

08-03-10 07:33 PM
    If there was 1 perfect carrier, there wouldn't be any others, right? ATT certainly gets the kick *** phones and I just want TMO to realize us addicts to new technology need a little love too!

Absolutely....everytime I do one of their surveys...I always rate them low on phone and satisfaction with phones...

They pass on to many great phones...and that irritates me. It's the only thing that ever makes me consider leaving...but then I think about how much I'm saving and I stay...

I guess I'll be complaining again about them getting this phone...sigh...
    08-03-10 07:40 PM
    It's best to wait for Proof. Nowhere on RIMS site does it state that it is a longterm exclusivity contract. I will wait until they or AT&T state otherwise.
    Then again tmo never did get the Bold 9000.

08-03-10 07:43 PM
    Yes...but AT&T clearly marketed the Bold as being long-term exclusive. Even their reps knew that is was long-term, very similar to the marketing for the iPhone.

That's why I'm saying it'll be better to wait for either an announcement from RIM or marketing from AT&T to know whether it will go to other carriers.

08-03-10 07:47 PM
    Are you going to create a FLASH-T-MOB
    08-03-10 08:04 PM
    Yes...but AT&T clearly marketed the Bold as being long-term exclusive. Even their reps knew that is was long-term, very similar to the marketing for the iPhone.

That's why I'm saying it'll be better to wait for either an announcement from RIM or marketing from AT&T to know whether it will go to other carriers.

it's going to canadian carriers... you can pick it up that way but since WIND isn't getting it, you won't get 3G.

t-mo and WIND are the only carriers that use the AWS spectrum. maybe that's why RIM isn't interested.
    08-03-10 08:04 PM
    HAHAHA! That was fantastic!

08-03-10 08:07 PM
    T-mobile wouldnt really be Cluttered from Calls..
    I mean, half of them would drop from switching from 3G to 2G anyways right?
    Nahh jk

But really, it would be people from all over. if all the calls went to one person maybe.
    lmao thats why left sorry self and went to sprint because of that problem couldn't be happier see the smiley lol
    08-03-10 08:20 PM
    lmao thats why left sorry self and went to sprint because of that problem couldn't be happier see the smiley lol
    Again, the need for is is why?
    08-03-10 08:25 PM
    Nice one..
    08-03-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD