Well, this my third day of having torch and every hour i like it more. Having a touch screen took a lil while to get used to but the combination of touch screen, touch pad, and keyboard is amazing. This is my 5th upgrade on blackberry and its definitely by far the best one...and i loved the 9700.
    I know there are lots of people who love the iphone or android but i have used friends and family members and it just isnt for me.
    I think most of you know all the great features on the Torch so i will just name a few that they could work on for the next update.
    1. sometimes the touchscreen isnt is repsonsive as i would like and i find myself using the touchpad.
    2. sound could be better...a lil tinny and not as loud as i would like
    3. the transition from portrait to landscape sometimes lags.
    4. I'm happy with the screen resolution but im sure it can always be improved.

Thats all for now...love the phone
    08-14-10 10:23 AM
    Great to hear a positive on the torch for once hope to see more!
    08-14-10 10:36 AM
    Great to hear a positive on the torch for once hope to see more!
    I think forums like this are generally for help and support, so you're going to see a lot more issues and problems than people just coming in for the sake of being positive about their device. For the amount of people having issues, who knows how many more or less are out there that aren't? The issues could actually be very little compared to thoroughly satisfied owners. There's really no way of knowing.

That being said, I am one of those thoroughly satisfied owners. I haven't had any call quality issues to speak of (other than 1 call sounding like it was switching between handset and speakerphone, but that was only once and hasn't happened again).

I have seen no lag anywhere. Transition between landscape and portrait is lightning fast. No lag swiping between menus, scrolling web sites, etc.

Battery life seems to be much better than my 9000 was, I could probably go at least 2 full days on this phone before having to recharge. My 9000 would probably only make it into a second day.

Very slight wiggle of the slider, nothing I'm concerned about and I think is totally expected for such a design. doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I use the trackpad much more often than the touchscreen, but I feel I've found a very happy medium working between the 2. I've had some issues with the touchscreen not being as responsive at the very bottom, but again, I just use the trackpad if that happens, no big deal.

Screen is VERY bright and vivid. Even with the brightness set at 20% everything is still sharp and clear. Could it be a higher resolution? Sure, but you really wouldn't benefit from it much other than everything being smaller and possibly more difficult to read at default sizes.

Overall it is an excellent device that I wouldn't trade for anything else on the market today. Numbers and specs don't impress or sway me at all, they mean nothing until you try a device for yourself. Not that I tried this before I bought it, I was committed to it months ago and have absolutely no regrets whatsoever.
    08-14-10 11:09 AM
    I have to say that the phone has worked great for me so far. The only issues I'm currently having are with third party apps not synching properly but that could be due to re-registering those programs with the vendors.

Otherwise I'm very happy and content with all the new features. I do find myself using the touch screen more and more. Not a bad thing. Much easier than the Storm touch screen.

So all in all very happy with the phone. More positive feedback.
    08-14-10 11:30 AM
    Same here, and very happy. I like it more and more as I learn more about it. OS6 has a lot more to it than the critics gave it. And I'm starting to believe what people are calling lag when you scroll on the home screen is actually there for a purpose. If you consider the fact that the software has to decide if you're scrolling, selecting, or holding down for the menu to pop up, it makes sense that it waits a split second to see what you're really doing. I would love to hear from some of the engineers who brainstormed what the OS should do and how they wrote it.
    08-14-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD