@Catolag-At first glance, I may think you are wrong because to everything that is new there is a learning curve. Walking, running, talking, sex.....I don't know of anyone who springs straight out the head of Zeus knowing how to do everything they must do to get through life....

On second thought, you may be right....I gave the iPhone 29 days to realise that it wasn't for me....whereas I tried Android devices and decided they weren't for me within 15 minutes...
    08-15-10 07:28 AM
    I undersatand what thw OP is trying to say. I remember going from my previous phomnes to the new phones and I alwady felt like it was an instant upgrade. I never had to get use to it to like. I like them right out the box.
    So I think to all you that are saying u need a couple of days to know if u like it, ur wrong. You're just hoping u get used to all the bad stuff so that you don't feel they are bad then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Get on the whambulance and join your whiner-baby, fair-weather friends on the sidelines and stay there.

You saw all the pre-release posts and the first-impression posts post release. No one forced you to buy the Torch. Your comments are unfounded and too generalized. Take responsibility for yourself. If there are issues with the device, take it back and exchange it. It is a pain to re-install everything. There are some things in life where perserverance is necessary instead of giving up at the first sign of trouble. If you expected a perfect device out of the box, then those were unrealistic expectations. Since you have decided that this device is not for you, then fine. I wish you well but your negative comments, while you are fully entitled to them, serve no purpose but letting you vent on your buyer's remorse.
    08-15-10 07:32 AM
    You're right. Modern Li-ion batteries don't need conditioning, nor do they suffer from memory effect. Any literature written saying they need conditioning is BS. All Li-ion batteries contain circuitry to prevent various things, including overcharging and undercharging. They do however, tend to permanently lose charge over time, something like 20% a year, but more or less depending on temperature and the charge level they're stored at. For example, keeping the the battery constantly at around 40-50% charge will dramatically extend it's usable life. Li-ion batteries used in cars are never kept at full charge because of this reason.
    I want to know what peoples basis on this is.
    Because after an OS install my batter lasts about 7 hours and in a few days (2 or 3) it once again lasts about 12. (I have an 8330m).

Can the berry change the amount of battery it uses? It seems like it to me for said reasons.

And yes. You need to be patient as this is a very new OS and it has to be treated as such. I wouldn't even blame them if they had released before they'd finished the OS because SO MANY PEOPLE POSTED THINGS LIKE,
    If RIM doesn't release this phone soon I'm going to jump ship to android or iPhone. Because I know that they really want my money because I'm smart like that.
    I hope that quote worked. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 08:50 AM
    I agree that patience and some self-confidence is needed.

Maybe this link will help.
    08-15-10 08:53 AM
    Get on the whambulance and join your whiner-baby, fair-weather friends on the sidelines and stay there.
    Well, Mr. Steal The Lines Off Stupid Commercials, I appreciate the negative and positive reviews of these phones. I'm reading enough of these threads with bug issues, that it's helped me realize that I'd like to wait a few months so that RIM has time to get things squared away before I purchase a new phone. I mean I realize that some people just a got a bad phone out of the batch but there's enough consistent bad reviews that I appreciate having the heads up on potential problems that may arise.

I don't get your guys that get all up in arms when someone has a negative experience with the phone. How does any of this affect you?
    08-15-10 09:03 AM
    There is nothing wrong will using levity to make a point. One can wait until the Torch refresh comes out or take a risk trying it for yourself instead of sitting on the sidelines like a troll and throwing bombs without doing your own first-hand research. It was different when the Torch had not been released. I feel sure that if you took the TIME and EFFORT, you may decide to buy now. My purchase of the 9000, 9700 and 9800 were all on launch day with no issues.
    08-15-10 09:20 AM
    The battery hasn't charged enough cycles, and the OS is in it's infancy. A dollop of patience may be required. Spend a few days with it at least, for Pete sakes.
    It's better that he just returns it because I can seem him crying on here later. After owning an iPhone how can you complain about volume.
    08-15-10 09:24 AM
    Decisions made in haste often result in regret.
    This is exactly the point genius. They bought the Torch in haste and now regret it. Do you think everyone is going to be satisfied with it? If you believe that then you are delusional.
    08-15-10 09:27 AM
    Anyone who thinks a person needs to give something more than a day to LIKE it is irrational. It's one thing to take a couple days to get USED to something but a person doesn't need a couple days to like something. Especially if there are things about the device that won't change. The keyboard is still going to be the same. The touchscreen is still going to be the same. If a person really doesn't like those things then they don't need a few more days to make themselves like it. The Torch is a joke and another crappy device from RIM. Their best devices are full QWERTY with no touchscreen period. Everything else is a joke. And you all got suckered into getting one.
    08-15-10 09:31 AM
    This is exactly the point genius. They bought the Torch in haste and now regret it. Do you think everyone is going to be satisfied with it? If you believe that then you are delusional.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions which take TIME and EFFORT to develop.
    Last edited by jcp007; 08-15-10 at 09:46 AM.
    08-15-10 09:31 AM
    you can say the same thing about all the iphone 4 owners..

my wife owns an iphone 4.. and i used to own a 3GS before switching to the Bold 9000.
    now aside from the facetime feature of the ip4 which my wife won't be using much.. what else is there for the ip4? it's the same UI ( 3GS upgraded to OS4)

oh wait there's more .. there's the antenna problem.. and thinking that the bumper cases is the answer.. then that's Delusion in my book!
    08-15-10 09:32 AM
    you can say the same thing about all the iphone 4 owners..

my wife owns an iphone 4.. and i used to own a 3GS before switching to the Bold 9000.
    now aside from the facetime feature of the ip4 which my wife won't be using much.. what else is there for the ip4? it's the same UI ( 3GS upgraded to OS4)

oh wait there's more .. there's the antenna problem.. and thinking that the bumper cases is the answer.. then that's Delusion in my book!
    And that's true too. The point is the other schmuck tells the OP to take time to make their decision because hasty decisions lead to regret. Well duh. The OP is feeling the regret from buying the torch in haste. And what does the iPhone have to do with it? Who brought it up? So insecure in your device you have to deflect to another one?
    08-15-10 09:34 AM
    Anyone who thinks a person needs to give something more than a day to LIKE it is irrational. It's one thing to take a couple days to get USED to something but a person doesn't need a couple days to like something. Especially if there are things about the device that won't change. The keyboard is still going to be the same. The touchscreen is still going to be the same. If a person really doesn't like those things then they don't need a few more days to make themselves like it. The Torch is a joke and another crappy device from RIM. Their best devices are full QWERTY with no touchscreen period. Everything else is a joke. And you all got suckered into getting one.
    i have an innocent question. what do you call a phone that has antenna problems.. it seems to me you got sucked in the hype as well for owning one..
    and yeah i know what im talking about here.. my wife has the iphone 4.. i held out from upgrading to it from a 3GS..
    08-15-10 09:35 AM
    Why do trolls have to take everything so personally? My Torch now has 36GB storage. Oh, that's right, you can't modify the i4 storage either. Maybe the reason that trolls are around is because yellow makes them sad..see the link...

08-15-10 09:37 AM
    You guys really can't take negative criticism can you? You need to call the waaahmbulance for yourselves.

BTW, OP, it's BUTTON. A bottom is the lower end of something. A button is something you press.
    It's not the negative criticism it's these people who should not ever own any type of smart phone posting about the most minor or 'I have no idea what I'm doing with this phone' posts that are just plain annoying. The phone has it's flaws but too many I am returning this phone because my car won't start posts.
    08-15-10 09:39 AM
    My purchase of the 9000, 9700 and 9800 were all on launch day with no issues.
    Good for you... explains why you're a hardcore BB fanboi flaming every negative post.
    08-15-10 09:40 AM
    Expressing an opposing viewpoint is flaming...a sad day for the free world if this is so.
    08-15-10 09:42 AM
    The Torch is a joke and another crappy device from RIM. Their best devices are full QWERTY with no touchscreen period. Everything else is a joke. And you all got suckered into getting one.
    Do you have any idea how foolish you just made yourself look with this statement in combination with your signature?

Who cares which device is better? Isn't all that matters is that it's the best one for you?
    08-15-10 09:46 AM
    Do you have any idea how foolish you just made yourself look with this statement in combination with your signature?
    Touch�............
    08-15-10 09:49 AM
    The battery hasn't charged enough cycles, and the OS is in it's infancy. A dollop of patience may be required. Spend a few days with it at least, for Pete sakes.
    What are you talking about OS in it's infancy?? It's on it's 6th version, how the **** is that infancy? Also an OS doesn't grow and mature inside the phone so what is RIM doing putting out an infant OS as you claim? Not very good business practice.

And WTF is wrong with you people? The OP came here and gave his opinion on the phone. None of his problems, except maybe battery life, could of been solved by a few more days of use as some of you knuckleheads claim, the keyboard was uncomfortable for him, the browser was too slow, the volume levels wouldn't go loud enough, and he didn't like the touchscreen. What you go buy a new car, do you test drive each one for a few days? **** no, you pretty much know if you like particular car or not after a 15min test drive. And a car is a much more important decision then a smart phone.

Some of you guys must have the Blackberry logo tattooed on your arm. God forbid someone write a negative review because RIM can do no wrong!
    08-15-10 09:57 AM
    Hey - I am having issues with the battery not lasting much. What do you mean "the battery hasn't charged enough cycles" - are you suggesting that the battery life will improve by more charges and use?
    08-15-10 10:03 AM
    Someone call the whambulance. There is another one.

You can't have debate without two opposing points of view. OMG, what would expect in a BLACKBERRY device forum? Nothing but trolls or intolerant automatons who claim to be inclusive but are intolerant about debate in a blog forum?
    08-15-10 10:03 AM
    Ya'll might want to exercise a little self control. Touch screen BlackBerries are for suckers, really?!? The OP got some advice, and he obviously wants to take the phone back. End of story.
    08-15-10 10:08 AM
    Hey - I am having issues with the battery not lasting much. What do you mean "the battery hasn't charged enough cycles" - are you suggesting that the battery life will improve by more charges and use?
    It appears, contrary to what should be, that a few charge cycles when new helps. That, and as was said, the meter calibration takes a couple runs to get set. You also could have a bad battery.
    08-15-10 10:11 AM
    Yes, my typical method for new batteries is: charge for 3-6 hours first time (well past 100% even if fills up early) then use it and let the battery drop below 10%, charge over night, use until battery drops below 20% again, charge it over night then it should set in after that. That seems to "wake up" the battery so after that you can charge it at anytime even if it's 60%, just don't ever drain it completely since that can shorten life.
    08-15-10 10:16 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD