hey guys and gals

im currently have a curve and its that time where i can have an upgrade now im considering a Torch please and views would be grateful
    06-09-11 11:08 AM
    if you are able to wait, I would suggest waiting for the Bold Touch or Torch 2 that will be coming out later this year (possibly late summer/early fall). Those new devices will be much better.
    06-09-11 11:11 AM
    Torch is a great phone. I love it. If you can wait, the torch 2 and the bold torch are coming later on in the year !!
    06-09-11 11:13 AM
    Torch is terrific. No matter if or not you go for a phone any time you will find new and better coming soon. My Torch may or may not get replaced in the Fall depending on what is available. No matter what the phone does what I need and does a fine job.
    06-09-11 11:26 AM
    I just picked one up for myself yesterday. You can always wait for something better....but If it makes you happy then go for it!

The torch does everything I need it to do. I will look into the newer models when they get released as well but it really just comes down to what you need in a phone.

You can always resell it if you truly aren't happy with it. Many people still look for good deals on torch's so I wouldn't worry about that.
    06-09-11 11:44 AM
    I had a bold 9700, it was 10 times the phone I needed, I moved up to the torch and its 20 times the phone I need, I'd be happy with either one of them from now on. The Bold series seems to have a phone for each owners needs and/or wants
    06-09-11 11:44 AM
    If you can, I suggest you wait. Torch is an old phone now, and it's replacement is coming soon. Why burn an upgrade on a device from last year?
    06-09-11 11:47 AM
    If u want it cheap and can't wait, get it. Or wait for the newer stuff like torch 2 and new bold but expect to pay higher tariff prices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 01:46 PM
    ah so it sounds a positive ... i was told they have had some issues with this torch and to stay with the curve or go bold by orange ?
    06-09-11 05:28 PM
    Torch is a great phone, have had mine since the release date. As most have said "wait for the torch2", but if you really want a new phone now you wont be disappointed.
    06-09-11 05:31 PM
    Torch is a great phone and imo way better than the bold .... Screen real estate and latest os mean it is fast and versatile. I have got used to now not using the keyboard so my next bb may well be the Monaco

06-10-11 12:49 AM
    Had mine since the day it was released, been perfectly happy with it.

As with any phone there will be limitations here and there, so the best thing to do would be to play with it and see if it works for you.

I like the slider form factor. A lot of the time I don't need/want the keyboard so I have a nice big screen. When I want a keyboard I'm not stuck with the touch-screen.

Best of both worlds, IMO.
    06-10-11 01:43 AM
    hey guys and gals

im currently have a curve and its that time where i can have an upgrade now im considering a Torch please and views would be grateful
    The torch is a great phone. Its the best of both worlds with a responsive touch screen, good keyboard, and a great battery. If you want to use your upgrade now then the torch is a pretty good phone but if you want to wait you can wait for the bold or torch 2.
    06-10-11 02:06 AM
    Torch is a great phone, have had mine since the release date. As most have said "wait for the torch2", but if you really want a new phone now you wont be disappointed.
    I hear all about this Torch 2, What is that all about, and when it is coming out?
    06-11-11 02:58 PM
    I like my Torch but I find it top heavy when open and hard to manage with one hand.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't like that I can't lock the keyboard. Oh there's that button on the top, but putting it into my pocket just makes it go back on. It's not like my old Curve at all. The only option there is (it seems) is to put a password lock on it and entering the damn password every single time you need to view an email or message. It's a real pain.
    Last edited by johnprague; 06-11-11 at 04:57 PM.
    06-11-11 04:28 PM
    I don't know its all up to you.. Depend if u really want a new phone or can u wait a couple months for new BB to come out.. I know I couldn't got my torch like a month and upgrading from a pearl 3G is really great and I'm happy to get the torch

06-11-11 11:29 PM
    The Torch is a great phone. I agree, wait for the new model. BUT beware that if you have AT&T, they will not warn you that they will move all of your contacts in to the AT&T cloud for backup. Once this happens, you CANNOT get them back, especially if they were split between the BB default contact list (created in Outlook), and those created on the BB. Those will go to the AT&T cloud.

Actually, I have a Torch warranty replacement as of today. With the help of RIM support with my last Torch (an upgrade from the Curve), we managed to get both the address books merged and in to the default book. Today, I have moved my contacts from Outlook (sync from desktop to device ONLY), and even though I've changed my default sync option to "default," it keeps sending my contacts to AT&T.

PLUS -- AT&T now refuses to help on the tech lines. They now tell me it's up to me to deal with it. No way in H_ _ _ they are going to give me RIM support to help me.

If you get a new phone DO NOT GET IT FROM AT&T! Unless you just don't care if you can't have an updated, sync'd contact list on Outlook.
    06-12-11 02:35 AM
    The Torch is a great phone. I agree, wait for the new model. BUT beware that if you have AT&T, they will not warn you that they will move all of your contacts in to the AT&T cloud for backup. Once this happens, you CANNOT get them back, especially if they were split between the BB default contact list (created in Outlook), and those created on the BB. Those will go to the AT&T cloud.

Actually, I have a Torch warranty replacement as of today. With the help of RIM support with my last Torch (an upgrade from the Curve), we managed to get both the address books merged and in to the default book. Today, I have moved my contacts from Outlook (sync from desktop to device ONLY), and even though I've changed my default sync option to "default," it keeps sending my contacts to AT&T.

PLUS -- AT&T now refuses to help on the tech lines. They now tell me it's up to me to deal with it. No way in H_ _ _ they are going to give me RIM support to help me.

If you get a new phone DO NOT GET IT FROM AT&T! Unless you just don't care if you can't have an updated, sync'd contact list on Outlook.
    Pretty sure it needs cod files or an app running in the background to do so. If that is in any way related to the at&t address book, then that can be removed easily. I still haven't heard of that at&t "cloud" sync, so im just going to assume you are talking about the at&t address book, which can be removed using something like bbh tool or bb boss, or from the device using bbsak...

So yeah, you can get an at&t phone and just remove the at&t address book, or any at&t cods for that matter.
    06-12-11 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD