Is there a simple way to cancel all the noise from a Torch? The "all alerts off" option does not turn off the alarm clock.
    04-09-11 09:32 AM
    I suspect that's entirely deliberate. You wouldn't want to miss the alarm simply because the phone's on silent after all.

Is it so hard to turn the alarm off and then put it on silent?
    04-09-11 09:44 AM
    Well if you don't want to be bothered, just turn your phone off like the theater ad says :-p you obviously aren't worried abt missing phone calls, and doesn't sound like you keep your phone nearby (ie in your hand) while watching the movie, otherwise you could clear the alarm in a nanosecond. So just turn it off, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 07:34 AM
    Well if you don't want to be bothered, just turn your phone off like the theater ad says :-p you obviously aren't worried abt missing phone calls, and doesn't sound like you keep your phone nearby (ie in your hand) while watching the movie, otherwise you could clear the alarm in a nanosecond. So just turn it off, no?
    Bingo! If you can't be bothered to put the phone on silent, and turn off the alarm, turn it off. When you power it off you will get 2 options - complete power off, or power off, to turn back on at the time of your alarm. The choice would be an obvoius one...

04-10-11 10:28 AM
    When you power it off you will get 2 options - complete power off, or power off, to turn back on at the time of your alarm.
    Really? How do you mean, I've never seen an option like that when I power off?
    04-10-11 01:27 PM
    When you choose power off from your app drawer it gives you that option. Holding the end call button just puts the device in sleep so it can quick reboot.

04-10-11 01:39 PM
    Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining.
    04-10-11 02:29 PM
    When you choose power off from your app drawer it gives you that option. Holding the end call button just puts the device in sleep so it can quick reboot.

As Gregory Ryan said, use the 'Power Off' icon from your homescreen. Clicking "turn off" to turn it off (and it will turn back on at the "scheduled time" (that's your alarm). Chose "full power off" do to just that. BB will go off, and stay off, until you turn it back on...

04-10-11 03:57 PM
    Bingo! If you can't be bothered to put the phone on silent, and turn off the alarm, turn it off. When you power it off you will get 2 options - complete power off, or power off, to turn back on at the time of your alarm. The choice would be an obvoius one...

Exactly! actually, it turns back on at the preset time via options, not the next time you have an alarm. But still, if youre @ the theater, turn it off! Lol. Problem solved.

04-10-11 07:30 PM
    Um, actually I'm on call 24/7/365 (not complaining, I reward myself handsomely for the effort) and need to know when I get a call, email, etc. I was hoping there was a STFU button. Is there an app for that?
    04-10-11 08:35 PM
    Um, actually I'm on call 24/7/365 (not complaining, I reward myself handsomely for the effort) and need to know when I get a call, email, etc. I was hoping there was a STFU button. Is there an app for that?
    Why would you need an alarm if you are on call?

Couldn't you turn off the alarm while you are in the theatre and just put your device on vibrate?
    04-10-11 08:41 PM
    There are many methods to have your phone completely stfu, or partially...

The "silent" profile will disable all alerts (except yes, the alarm, so turn it off)

"Vibrate" wouls do just that, vibrate. This would let you know someone is trying to get a hold of you.

Your other option is to leave ringers/alerts on, and then use the magic mute button (like a stfu button,no app required...) located top right of the device. This way you could quickly mute the alert/vibrate, once you have aknowledged the call etc...

As a last resort, build yourself a custom sound profile that would say, only allow phone calls, but mute txt/ email, for when you are "on call". Oh wait, there's already a rpofile for that... I believe it's called "phone only"

Again, if none of those options, you can build a very detailed sound profile of your own.

Or. Get a pager.

Or, don"t go see movies, if you're that important...

04-10-11 09:27 PM
    Exactly! actually, it turns back on at the preset time via options, not the next time you have an alarm. But still, if youre @ the theater, turn it off! Lol. Problem solved.

It will only turn on/off automatically at the preset time in the options menu, if you have the feature ENABLED. If it is disabled, or no times are set, then it will use the time your alarm is set for... Assuming your set your alarm expecting it to go off...

04-10-11 09:32 PM
    I'll just move the alarm time up an hour or so as needed. Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding.
    04-11-11 10:27 AM
    Yes, but most of us call it the mute button on the top of the phone. Bingo, bango, bongo.

04-11-11 12:03 PM
    I don't get two options when I power off under the apps thing. It just goes into the sleep mode thing. To get it fully off I've always had to take the battery out. That's how I've always had to do reboots to.

04-11-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD