Long time browser, first time poster.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to express my thanks to the knowledgeable community that is Crackberry.

I have been a user of Blackberrys for 5 years or so, starting with the 8810>8310>8210>8900 and finally the 9800 torch. Loved them all with the exception of the 8210 flip and couldn't buy the 8900 curve quick enough.

I have managed to gain a wealth of good advice and knowledge from perusing the forums here.

But since buying the Torch (even dumping tmobile who I found to be an excellent company) the community here have excelled themselves.

Sure I am aware of the hardware issues and yes I know there are software issues and I absolutely know the browser is slow compared to the iphone or droid and that the screen resolution is lacking compared to some other devices.

But, and here is the bottom line, dated or not the blackberry system and particually the torch works exactly as I want it to.

( I have recently tried other devices such as the Samsung Galaxy s vibrant on tmobile for a week and my wifes iphone4 so I do have a little knowledge and experience of other phones and OS.

I`m not a hardcore texter (maybe fifty a month), not a hardcore emailer (maybe 10 a day received and sent), occasionally look at websites through the day, don't watch videos on my phone, I am only really interested in the productivity apps for my phone, I do however spend a lot of time actually talking on the phone ( maybe 3000 minutes a month)

This is why the Torch is such a great device for me and suits my needs to a T.

Once software upgrades are released all the minor bugs will be taken care of.

So Thankyou guys for the guidance and advice.

I will now get back to repeatedly checking that my slide isn't wiggling or wobbling, the bezel isn't creaking, I`m not loosing BIS service, calling people repeatedly to ask if my voice sounds echoey or tinny, checking that I have enough battery power left, etc etc ad nauseum.

I should add I haven't noticed any of the above problems and it aint due to the lack of looking for the problems, perhaps I am just easily pleased.
    09-07-10 06:57 PM
    Enjoy your Torch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 07:11 PM
    Welcome, and nice first post. You can find anything here that you need or have a question about for your blackberry.

I'm hardcore blackberry since 1998 or so. I was at a trade show (IT Manager) with some co-workers at the Javitz Center in NYC and stumbled upon this small little booth called Reseach In Motion from Waterloo, ON. Two nice guys in the booth demonstrating the blackberry 'brick' - the main competitor at the time was RadioMail as I recall.....got some demo units, configured with desktop redirector and we were blown away. The rest is history. I love Crackberry and I love Blackberry for a dozen years now!
    09-07-10 08:40 PM
    +1

09-07-10 08:59 PM
    2 nice posts! Thank you.....
    09-08-10 12:52 AM
    Welcome to Torch Love Club

09-08-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD