02-18-13 03:17 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-05-11 05:31 AM
- 01-05-11 07:52 AM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-05-11 08:17 AM
I found the Allow Reply to All check box and unchecked it. Not sure why it was checked in the first place. It is apparently a Toggle. Turn it off and it stays off, turn it on and it stays on.
Its also a little hard to find. Not in the Options screen. Its in the full menu of the text message And then Edit Recipients!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-05-11 07:02 PM
- Yes I have done this, upon receiving a text that an individual has sent to multiply users I have replied thinking it went just to the originator when in fact it went to all that the text was sent to....ouch!
With my Curve and with OS5 if I received a text msg from someone that went to multiply users if I replied is just replied to the originator. But not with OS 6, so I just make it a point to compose a new text to that individual (originator) to reply.01-06-11 08:36 AM
- I did this also except it only replied to the first number in the list(had the option to reply to all unchecked), happen to be someone I didn't even know. Ended up in a huge mess that caused the person to call me and leave a not so nice VM. Now i just make sure to create a new text message to the person who sent it.01-06-11 08:50 AM
- Yep I understand my reply to all was "unchecked" also but still went to the entire list that the original joke was sent....usually happens when a good joke text is sent and I thought it was a good one. I would reply not knowing I just replied to the world...lol. Then it starts...I get the "who is this" from the entire list of receivers that I just replied to...so I just remain silent LMAO at myself.01-06-11 08:56 AM
- Yes it seems we're all finding this out the hard way. I received a Happy New Year text message from a business contact who had sent that same message to about 150 people. I returned the favour and replied to him not knowing I was replying to every single person who received the original text. Soon after I started getting replies to my text, and even phone calls from people I didn't even know. It was perplexing!
I went into my messages, opened the message I had sent, went into options and "Show Recipients" to discover the list was like 150 names long. OUCH!
Now every time, I'm sending a text, I go into options and "Show Recipients" to make sure its going to people I think its going to. RIM better come up with a solution to this in the next software upgrade. Its annoying to say the least.01-06-11 11:02 AM
- this just happened to me tonight. after reading this thread, I had someone send me and someone else a test text. I opened it, found the "full menu" - edit recipients and unchecked the reply box. sent him a reply saying "ok", it still went to the other person. If someone sends a text to 20 people, do you have to go in a edit/delete all the other recipients? This shouldn't be a auto reply to all, that BB has assumed. We should have more individual controls on this simple feature.01-19-11 04:46 AM
- Yep I understand my reply to all was "unchecked" also but still went to the entire list that the original joke was sent....usually happens when a good joke text is sent and I thought it was a good one. I would reply not knowing I just replied to the world...lol. Then it starts...I get the "who is this" from the entire list of receivers that I just replied to..
What is the "Fix" for this other than just starting a new text in order to avoid an "All" text?
I just installed OS 6 yesterday and this was the first "Whoops" I've come across.
OS 6.0 Bundle 1741 (v18.104.22.1681, Platform 22.214.171.1245)01-28-11 07:57 AM
Why did the people who removed the option to turn Reply All on and off this that this was a good idea in the first place? Getting tired of having to create a whole new text. JUST to reply to the original texter.
~~Bee04-10-12 04:50 PM
- On my sprint bold 9930, there is no way to participate in a group MMS text conversation. So it seems that many carriers had received complaints about this, and just decided to remove the group MMS functionality altogether. I personally wish they hadn't because I cannot participate in MMS group threads with my co workers, and I am the only one with a BB and therefore they make fun of me.02-18-13 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD