I set text messages icon under favorite tap, moments later it disappeared and I have to set it as favorite again. Anyone has same experience?
    10-06-10 02:55 PM
    A lot of users have this problem. I don't use the Favorites list because I know that manually moving those apps again after they have dissappeared is a pain. Here is a short cut someone said. Just put the Apps that you use the Most in your All category, and just move them to where you can access them faster In the All category. Instead of scrolling.
    10-06-10 03:03 PM
    I had this happen as well as third party apps that had to be re-registered or permissions reset that were not in the Favorites. I had to mark them again. I did a reboot and a restart and only the Text Messages icon became unmarked. No big deal. It is in the ALL so now I know where to look instead of Favorites. The behavior may go away after a battery pull or two.
    10-06-10 03:30 PM
    It's happening to me too after I did the update yesterday. If the 'Favorites' option isn't useful, I'd like to be able to get it off of my home screen completely. I liked using it for the thingsI used the most. Text Messages is the one I use the most and now it's also the one that "disappears" so...

Did the battery pulls and every time I boot back up, icon gone. Tap it as a favorite and it disappears later. Weird.
    10-07-10 03:12 PM
    In Messages, hover and select Full Menu, then Options. In Options, select Inbox Management and then under Other Message Types, select Text. This will put your text and email in the Inbox at the same time.
    10-07-10 04:05 PM
    I don't want the text and email in the inbox at the same time. I like that the icons are separate, but both under my 'Favorites'. :/
    10-07-10 05:22 PM
    That's cool. To each, their own.
    10-07-10 05:38 PM
    I agree. This is totally frustrating and needs to be corrected. Move to favorite means "move to favorite". And for me it also only happens with the "text message" icon. Obviously, this is a full blown technical glitch. Rogers Canada tells me that's the way it is. Is RIM aware? There must be a solution. What do we do?
    10-11-10 09:24 AM
    I had talked to L3 BB support at ATT. They acknowledged that there is an issue and the fix/software patch etc is being worked at. It seems that they will record the ticket against the PIN number as all are not having this problem. But unlike Rogers as stated by someone here. ATT does recognize it as an issue and says is working to fix it.
    10-14-10 06:26 AM
    this has been an issue since the original release with .141. simpliest solution is to use a theme that gets rid of the "tabs" and just uses one "all" screen.
    10-14-10 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD