CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry text message icon on BB tourch

Does any one have any Idea why my text message on my BB Tourch wont open? Everytime I try opening it the following message pops up saying: "Uncaught exception:java.lang.indexOutOfBoundsException".

What does that mean and how can I access my text messages from my Icon?

Help!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have you recently updated your OS or added a new app? If it were me I'd delete any new apps (one at a time) that I added before it stopped working. If its an OS thing just wipe your phone with BBSAK and do a clean install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default "Uncaught exception:java.lang.indexOutOfBoundsException".

I just spend 6 hours trying to solve this problem. Finally found and fixed it. First go to the main "message" icon. go to "view folder" go to "sms inbox" this will bypass all the rest of the stuff. All the message will show on there. Delete the one that is causing the problem and your blackberry will work as new again. It is just that easy. I was banging my head against the wall for 6 hours with Rogers and Blackberry but could not solve this until I try this myself. Good luck to everybody. Merry Christmas!
    Thanked by 4:
    Andy357 (12-25-2010),  osajia (02-07-2011),  remluc123 (03-28-2012),  reyox (12-25-2010) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fred1668 View Post
    I just spend 6 hours trying to solve this problem. Finally found and fixed it. First go to the main "message" icon. go to "view folder" go to "sms inbox" this will bypass all the rest of the stuff. All the message will show on there. Delete the one that is causing the problem and your blackberry will work as new again. It is just that easy. I was banging my head against the wall for 6 hours with Rogers and Blackberry but could not solve this until I try this myself. Good luck to everybody. Merry Christmas!
    I know this is from December but I found it searching for a solution to this problem and you just saved me from wiping my phone and starting over. Thanks so much!
    CrackBerry Genius

another man/woman's 6 hour problem can help fix yours in less than 6 MINUTES.
    that's the beauty of having this forum..
    and that's the benefit of using the search button.
    so thanks to fred1668 and osajia.
    and to YOU ( yes you! the long time lurker!) consider sharing your experience with your device.. you'll be helping a lot of members and who knows, you might learn a thing or two by doing that!

CrackBerry Newbie

Thx fred1668, I got the same problem and I tried your instruction but it didn't work then I deleted those msg board and it works. You're life saver man

CrackBerry Newbie

I had a similar problem as well. It was a SMS/Text from another BB Torch user so I had to go into 'messages' and find that text. The issue was that there was no way of accessing the message from the trackpoint so I had to touch it and hold it for several seconds until the option to 'delete' came up. I have a Torch as well.
    ~~
    4 phones for 2 hands.. = not comfortable to carry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

fred1668, that's another 6 hours saved... Also, some of you might be facing the same problem as I did. The problem was being caused by a couple of those emails where folks use numbers, characters and special characters to draw pictures and send it via text messages.... I deleted the two SMS's following fred's advice and i am good to go...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default SMS Inbox error: "java.lang.IndexOutofBoundsException" on BB Torch

Variant solution that worked for me (deleting just the offending text did not work):

Open main message inbox
    Menu->view folder->select SMS inbox
    Menu->delete prior-> "OK"
    esc

Text folder then opened fine for me. The offending text had a green icon and I deleted it just to be doubly sure. Interestingly, all my other texts were still there, even though when I went back into the SMS inbox from the "view folder" menu entry it was empty.
    Last edited by eddie.b; 09-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks Fred - saved me a ton of time and probably a trip to the cell phone store. I did end up having to delete all the SMS folders, in, out, deleted. But it worked like a charm.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin_M View Post
    Thx fred1668, I got the same problem and I tried your instruction but it didn't work then I deleted those msg board and it works. You're life saver man

Please can someone help me on this, I deleted all my inbox following fred1668 and it is still occuring when trying to open my inbox.

Help!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

what is a msg board please?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by fred1668 View Post
    I can't even open my Message icon. I need to get into my email for work.