Keep getting this message when I try to open text messages....(Uncaught exceptions:Java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException) Anybody else know a solution? Thanks
    12-22-10 08:28 AM
    Have you tried resetting your phone? Battery pull or a complete wipe..
    12-22-10 08:32 AM
    I would try a soft reset(alt + right shift + delete keys pressed simultaneously), or a battery pull. If neither of these work then a full reload of the OS is in order.

If it just started out of the blue and has worked fine before, then it's just a small bug that popped up and a battery pull or OS reload will solve it. If its been happening since you bought the device, take it back for another. Still an OS bug but better to replace it then have to reload the OS and find it happening again when your out of your 30 day return policy.
    12-22-10 08:47 AM
    12-22-10 08:47 AM
    Thanks everyone Ill think I take it in for a new one today. Thanks again for the help
    12-22-10 08:57 AM
    Thanks everyone Ill think I take it in for a new one today. Thanks again for the help
    you dont necessarily need a new one if you are comfortable reloading the OS......
    12-22-10 08:59 AM
    You shouldn't have to return it just for this.

The text problem never happened to me before until last night. I had switched to a different theme but hadn't done a reset yet. After a battery pull, everything has been right with in my bb world.

Try a soft reset or a battery pull like the others have said. It'll make things easier than exchanging for such a simple problem.
    12-22-10 03:26 PM
    Update your software. V6.0.0.407 is the current version. To check: Options > Device > About Device Versions. I downloaded it the other day and have not had any issues. To update: Options > Device > Software Update. STRONG RECOMMENDATION: Back up the device BEFORE downloading the update. You can also do the update from Blackberry Desktop Manager. If you do the update over the air, make sure you have a full battery.
    12-30-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD