What?! Someone that sees imperfection within the Torch??? Treason!!! Send him back to Android Central or the iPhone blog because the OP is a know-nothing troll that uses his phone for browsing the internet rather than for email!!! Go back to making calls with your iToys!!!

If you do not want to read a thread about someone disliking their Torch, simply do not read it It is as simple as that... Maybe you personally enjoy using your Torch, and do not want to read threads like this... but interested potential BB-users, reading through these threads, are looking to hear about the general user experience to decide if they want to buy the Torch. They do not want to only how great the Torch is, from people who are comparing the 9800 to a 9700, 95x0, or a 9000... They want to hear every perspective, and if they are coming from a Droid or an iPhone, they will look towards these forums to see how difficult the change was, and the pros/cons between the two devices.

All that I am going to say is if you enjoy your Torch - Great; However, you need to understand that the publicized Torch is going to draw new customers to the CB forums, and those customers do not want to fall for a new 'Storm 1' or a new 'Tour.'
    08-14-10 09:57 PM
    You are still in your 30 day window. Do an exchange and give the Torch a legitimate try. BEFORE you leave the store, take it out of the box and test it for all things that you can think of. If the one that is brought out to you does not suit you, ask for another one to be brought out.
    08-14-10 10:00 PM
    You should give it more time... everyone knows RIM takes at least 3 to 6 months to perfect any new OS version (and even after that some versions can have issues).
    Yup look what happend with the Storm. All those early adopters got suckered into waiting for that magical update that was supposed to fix all of the OS issues. Of course we all know that never happened and everyone who believed it got stuck with that piece of junk. The storm was never completely fixed because it couldn't be with only 128mb of ram then less than a year later RIM stopped supporting the phone completely. In some ways the 9800 reminds me of the storm because it was released with outdated hardware. Compared to the competition the 9800 is a generation or two behind and RIM knows it. They will need to have a hardware refresh or a new flagship device within 6 months.
    08-14-10 11:11 PM
    LOL!!! Gotta love certain spec obsessed, perfectionist, robotic and Jobsian cult followers!!! Why they would spend so much energy complaining about a platform they obviously don't like is beyond me...and then to have some say they spend all that energy for the sake of a prospective buyer is nothing but intellectual masturbation....impressing themselves with their own perceived mental prowess...

To a prospective buyer the advice is simple - try the device, if you don't like it, exchange it for something you do like. Moaning to the heavens on an online forum won't make you happy and it will eat up your 30 day window of opportunity for an exchange. (Unless your shtick or mission in life *is* to spend your precious few years crying woe is me on a web forum!)
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 08-15-10 at 06:40 AM.
    08-15-10 06:26 AM
    I have had my phone since since Aug. 12th at 9:45 am....

I hear no tin sound when I talk on the phone. I have had no drop calls the way I hold it while I talk... I have not had to pull the battery because of lockups... The wiggle with the slider is barely noticeable and acceptable for me because yes it does have to move. Battery life is amazing and I have to say better than my bold.

Now the problems I have with the phone is the speaker isn't as loud... The LED light is a little smaller... and I can't get my facebook to show back up on the social feeds!

So far its a keeper!
    08-15-10 07:00 AM
    Yup look what happened with the Storm. All those early adopters got suckered into waiting for that magical update that was supposed to fix all of the OS issues. Of course we all know that never happened and everyone who believed it got stuck with that piece of junk. The storm was never completely fixed because it couldn't be with only 128mb of ram then less than a year later RIM stopped supporting the phone completely. In some ways the 9800 reminds me of the storm because it was released with outdated hardware. Compared to the competition the 9800 is a generation or two behind and RIM knows it. They will need to have a hardware refresh or a new flagship device within 6 months.
    I have had my S1 for 18 months and it is finally starting to work correctly, now that I understand it's limitations, et. 128 MB of RAM. There is no need for the app store because you can only have 128 MB of app storage space, most of which is used up by the operating system. So, I uninstalled that app to and got back a nice chunk of real estate for something else.

It actually is not a "piece of junk". It is not what I expected coming from the iPod touch experience. I can surf the web just fine now, because I have found the "mobile" sights for everything I want I am interested in.

I am going to read and read and read, then go to a store and tinker before I ever get another smart phone.
    08-15-10 07:53 AM
    I want to know more about the Streak, too.
    Not much about it in the Crackberry Android Forum.
    The thing has a 5" screen, holy moly that's a mini tablet. Anyways, dell streak on wikipidia, interesting specs on it. I know not everyone likes Dell, but I haven't had a problem with their laptops and I still use my 4+ year old one today, on wiki it says they plan on releasing 7" and 10" tablets, that might be interesting.
    08-15-10 10:01 AM
    LOL!!! Gotta love certain spec obsessed, perfectionist, robotic and Jobsian cult followers!!! Why they would spend so much energy complaining about a platform they obviously don't like is beyond me...and then to have some say they spend all that energy for the sake of a prospective buyer is nothing but intellectual masturbation....impressing themselves with their own perceived mental prowess...

To a prospective buyer the advice is simple - try the device, if you don't like it, exchange it for something you do like. Moaning to the heavens on an online forum won't make you happy and it will eat up your 30 day window of opportunity for an exchange. (Unless your shtick or mission in life *is* to spend your precious few years crying woe is me on a web forum!)
    Bravo! Well said!
    08-15-10 10:11 AM
    +1 for Qbnkelt.
    08-15-10 10:14 AM
    i just spent 3 very precious minutes of my life reading this thread that i will never get back..
    +1 lol hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:15 AM
    anyone on here want to sell me their torch? I've got $525 budgeted out for one!
    08-15-10 10:15 AM
    My advice, its not worth it my friend! Just wait for the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:41 AM
    I would love the extra $$... but after a few days playing with it, it's not leaving my side!!!
    I'd sell you my 9000 if you want!
    08-15-10 01:14 PM
    I have had my S1 for 18 months and it is finally starting to work correctly, now that I understand it's limitations, et. 128 MB of RAM.
    You waited 18 months for it to work correctly? I would've thrown it against the wall over a year before that. You're a very patient man. Props.
    08-15-10 01:22 PM
    I'm not going to sell my Torch. I love it too much.
    I am willing to sell you my iPhone 3GS - 32gig though!
    09-02-10 05:54 PM
    To the OP, good I'm happy for you. Do you feel better now?
    09-02-10 07:01 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD