I just heard on the news today that ATT is the worst in customer service, but says they are working on it.

But I have had ATT for almost 12 years now, and have had a few issues with them. but I am still happy with them. I just bought a new Torch. And it working great.
    12-08-10 05:39 AM
    Next time buy your phone from a Best Buy store, I got my it was 50.00 less than the ATT store. 9.99 per month for insurance, NO deductable, and if they can't fix your phone on the spot. They give you a brand new phone for 9.99 insurance cost.
    No thanks. I don't mind paying a little extra for better customer service and I don't buy insurance on a cell phone.
    12-08-10 06:09 AM
    No thanks. I don't mind paying a little extra for better customer service and I don't buy insurance on a cell phone.
    You need to look a little further down, on the news today ATT, was rated the worst in Customer Service.

But I am also a happy customers, I guess they take care of those that have been with them for 10 years plus, a little better.

But on another note, I wil say the service in a local ATT corp. store...sucks!
    12-08-10 06:21 AM
    Ive been an AT&T customer since 89, I have never had any issue with customer service. Call em up, press 0 to get to a customer service rep, tell them issue and its fixed, simple as that. Never have I been on a call longer then 30 minutes to solve an issue with AT&T.

Now if you want to talk about crappy CS, give a call to t-mo with a bill issue and see where that gets you.
    12-08-10 07:07 AM
    You need to look a little further down, on the news today ATT, was rated the worst in Customer Service.

But I am also a happy customers, I guess they take care of those that have been with them for 10 years plus, a little better.

But on another note, I wil say the service in a local ATT corp. store...sucks!
    I don't rely on Consumer Reports for anything. There are plenty of opinions out there, I see no need to pay for one. I think if someone really looked into the issue, they would find the majority of problems with AT&T service had to do with the Iphone.

I have no complaints with AT&T, dropped calls are rare, if I need help the phone support is good and when I walk into the store someone is waiting to help me. It's still a free country, if you don't like the service, switch.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-08-10 07:15 AM
    Warranty exchange centers are in every major market. Walk in with a defective device that is outside the first 30 days of purchase but under the first year, walk out with a fully tested and certified refurb device. Before doing such a thing make sure you are NOT running the original OS. 246+ should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 08:16 AM
    I have had my torch for about a month now and have experienced some problems but not many. I did have similar problems as described at first but after two hours on the phone with att they were fixed. When I switch from an iphone to the torch the iphone had changed so many things on my account that it took them forever to get it right.

Since then the main problem I have had is the little stopwatch or whatever you want to call it likes to come on alot and you have to sit and wait for it to go off before you can do anything.
    12-08-10 08:17 AM
    I haven't had all these issues from day 1 persay. They've just been constantly worsening as the days go on. And I have to have patience with my job, if I don't - I'd never make it in my industry. Running a lawn care/landscaping/snow removal company and dealing with clients/employees has grown me a tolerance to bull****.

Aside from your blackberry issues, a lot of us can relate to that in other areas as well.
    12-08-10 11:15 AM
    I've had the Torch since day one and I haven't had the problems you're describing. I'd say the unit you have may be defective. Time to exchange.
    12-08-10 11:39 AM
    I've got the Torch around Aug. 19th. Had some problems at first but have been happy with it ever since!

I must admit that my experience with ATT customer service has NOT been good. When I got my first cell phone, I was with Cingular. Always wonderful, nice people who would bend over backwards to help out it seemed. When it turned into ATT, I never got as good of service. People were rude, never got a call back from a supervisor when they said, was charged fees for international roaming charges when not even going out of the country and no one would help clear it up....As you can see, customer service is not a good thing anymore (for me).
    But I dont have dropped calls, bad call quality, etc.

12-08-10 01:19 PM
    The marvelous people at the warranty claims center did in fact send me a new phone via my warranty claim. I got it today, a brand new BOLD 9700!!! I've been on the phone for over 25 minutes now, on hold for almost all of it while they try and figure out how to get me my replacement Torch..... This is a true test of patience, that's for sure. Ugh, I just want a working phone already!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-08-10 02:02 PM
    The marvelous people at the warranty claims center did in fact send me a new phone via my warranty claim. I got it today, a brand new BOLD 9700!!! I've been on the phone for over 25 minutes now, on hold for almost all of it while they try and figure out how to get me my replacement Torch..... This is a true test of patience, that's for sure. Ugh, I just want a working phone already!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, oops.
    12-08-10 02:10 PM
    So, today the FedEX guy comes again. Drops off my new Torch, actually receiving the Torch this time. I get it all swapped out, turn it on - find it no where near up to date with the recent OS upgrades... I spend about 45 minutes to an hour updating the software to the newest release, reinstalling all my applications, and getting my phone book back in order and what not.

Phones working nice, running smooth, I couldn't be happier! Now that I've got some good amount of time in this phone getting it setup, I decide to sit back and relax. Phones sitting on my lap, it starts ringing - I go to answer it.... NOTHING, NONE OF THE FRICKING BUTTONS WORK!!!! The talk, end, bb button, return, standby, mute, volume, of the camera button work!!!!!!
    12-09-10 05:07 PM
    Ok, so here is my list of problems I'm having with my Torch. I bought the phone the FIRST day it came out, was first in line for it.. Had it since, never dropped, no water damage, always in a leather case on my hip or riding with my in my cup holder in my truck.

1. 8 out of 10 calls ends up in "CALL FAILED"

2. Phone goes from 3g to GSM to SoS.... All in one fluid motion, when I'm in a full 3g area (my house)

3. Internet only works about 30% of the time, the rest it brings up a "Connection could not be made to the server, try again later." When I'm in a 3g area and also connected to WiFi.

4. Phone doesn't ring at all, and displays no missed calls. But has new voicemails. Look in the call log and see no display of when the call was actually received.

5. Touch screen randomly quits working. Normally leaving me with only the call and end keys working. Normally results in me having to do a battery pull every other day.

6. The screen - it doesn't "touch" where my finger touches. For instance - browsing a webpage - I click "Accept" and it thinks I touched "Decline" which would be side by side. When clearly my finger is on accept.

So, who of you have experienced anything like this? Is it the phone, or AT&T? The things that **** me off the most are the "CALL FAILED" about every 8 out of 10 calls, dropping ALL service going into SoS mode, and not ringing when people call.

Some insight would be great, thanks in advance.

/end rant
    lol @ number 6...i had same problem when i was using storm..i feel your pain dude...ask for a replacement or do a "clean'" of a new OS...
    12-10-10 03:28 AM
    seriously? you had all those issues since release, took the time to write and post the issues..yet you never bother to take it back to AT&T? What exactly are you looking for the forum to tell you?

i don't mean to sound harsh, but would you have done anything different had you bought a new car a few months ago and it seems to only starts out of 10 times, sometimes it doesn't go in reverse, and the brakes doesn't work when you try to stop...
    lol ..you take things too serious..LMAO
    12-10-10 03:30 AM
    So, today the FedEX guy comes again. Drops off my new Torch, actually receiving the Torch this time. I get it all swapped out, turn it on - find it no where near up to date with the recent OS upgrades... I spend about 45 minutes to an hour updating the software to the newest release, reinstalling all my applications, and getting my phone book back in order and what not.

Phones working nice, running smooth, I couldn't be happier! Now that I've got some good amount of time in this phone getting it setup, I decide to sit back and relax. Phones sitting on my lap, it starts ringing - I go to answer it.... NOTHING, NONE OF THE FRICKING BUTTONS WORK!!!! The talk, end, bb button, return, standby, mute, volume, of the camera button work!!!!!!
    hmm !!! WTF !!! this is an unusual issue? was the buttons working before you upgraded the os? are you sure you installed the os well? is it a leaked os? if it is..did you remove the vendor.xml file? a lot of things might be the cause..but i will advice you to read a forum here on how to do a clean install on a torch....if you do that and it doesnt work..contact the seller quickly...
    12-10-10 03:53 AM
    hmm !!! WTF !!! this is an unusual issue? was the buttons working before you upgraded the os? are you sure you installed the os well? is it a leaked os? if it is..did you remove the vendor.xml file? a lot of things might be the cause..but i will advice you to read a forum here on how to do a clean install on a torch....if you do that and it doesnt work..contact the seller quickly...
    The vendor.xml file would only stop a OS from loading if its not from your carrier. If it loads with out removing it, that has nothing to do with a OS running bad
    12-11-10 11:52 AM
    Loved previous BBs, had to have the new one last fall. My 1st Torch had major issues after about 5 wks. Got replaced, a refurb since it was past 30days, it had MORE problems than the orginal. So I'm on my 3rd reburb phone, AT&T won't give me a NEW phone. All have had similar issues, now I have a phone that only rings when set on LOUD. OK, sometimes it won't ring at all and I miss calls unless I see it flashing. The phone is now free at AT&T for new accounts? tell you something?? They know it's a poor quality phone. And BB wants to give me a $100 credit for a new phone via Facebook page? Are they serious? How about a FULL refund and take the phone back? And don't require me to add another term to my AT&T contract to get it! I know 5 people with a Torch, 4 of us have had nightmares, 1 actually loves their phone. We have an actual service center in Vegas, they hate to see us Torch users because they know they can't help us. Hate to leave BB but this is insane!!
    09-09-11 10:30 AM
    Hi all,
    I tried everything and can't figure out why my calendar alerts won't go off. I've checked my profiles and everything and I can't figure it out. I deleted an email account now I can't figure out how to change my default emal acct.
    09-11-11 06:56 PM

well... sorry but... LOL!!!
    try a battery pull..
    09-12-11 01:36 PM
    The software for the 9800 sucks.

09-13-11 07:00 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD