Long story short, Two days ago i spoke with a blackberry rep, who almost started running away from me when i asked hima bout the slider 9800 and told me he cannot release any information about the phone.

Today i had the pleasure of speaking with an AT&T Sale Rep from a local corprate store. When i asked him about the release date his automatic reponse was early august.. which puzzled me due to the rumored June release.. he said they pushed it back.. Also mentioned it would be 249-349.99 with upgrade and probably some sort of rebate.
    05-21-10 06:57 PM
    Take it for what its worth - nothing.
    05-21-10 07:22 PM
    They can't push back a date that was never announced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:44 PM
    Exactly. Rumors are just rumors.
    05-22-10 12:39 AM
    The reason the guy ran away from you and said there wasn't any information he could release was because he doesn't have any information to begin with. Until RIM gives out official word and the stores have the physical product in boxes with street dated labels on the packages, then no one knows for sure.

Since you, I and everyone else wants this phone so badly our brains can't stand uncertainties so it compensates by allowing us to believe that a particular item is going to be released at a definite date/time period
    05-22-10 01:56 AM
    I went to my local AT&T Corporate Store maybe 3 to 4 days ago and spoke with the manager of the store.

He told me the Palm Pre Plus was also going to be released late summer. Go figure!
    05-22-10 02:02 AM
    Part of it is strategic marketing by AT&T to get us all hyped up for the item. A lot of it also is just AT&T not knowing how to strategically plan their products - new iphone, blackberry 9800 and palm pre plus all within days/weeks of each other??!!
    05-22-10 02:16 AM
    (Hint: Palm Pre Plus has already been launched and is available now-- just showing how much you can believe all these "reps" and "managers")

05-22-10 04:19 AM
    9800 isn't in field trial w/ at&t yet so a June or July release is already out of the question...

PG
    05-22-10 09:23 AM
    9800 isn't in field trial w/ at&t yet so a June or July release is already out of the question...

PG
    OK, the source has spoken. It ain't comin' in June. Never thought it would. There was not enough "noise".
    05-22-10 11:29 AM
    The June rumor was all bogus. Thats why its called rumors and that rumor was a bad one
    05-22-10 11:47 AM
    OK, the source has spoken. It ain't comin' in June. Never thought it would. There was not enough "noise".
    Wow "the source" you are too kind....

Usually if everything goes perfect you can figure 10-12 weeks from field entry to release...

So everyone gets theirs 3 months after I get mine.

PG
    05-22-10 03:59 PM
    Wow "the source" you are too kind....

Usually if everything goes perfect you can figure 10-12 weeks from field entry to release...

So everyone gets theirs 3 months after I get mine.

PG
    Hopefully you get it soon PG! I hope you give us your impressions of the 9800 when you get it for testing like you did with the 9700. Those posts were great reading.
    05-22-10 04:35 PM
    Well that's it. EVO here I come! I'm not waiting for RIM to fix their crap any longer.
    05-22-10 08:17 PM
    What crap every phone goes through this testing
    05-22-10 10:32 PM
    I understand that. But I can't wait anymore. I miss my HTC Hero to be perfectly honest. I use Gmail so push e-mail isn't an issue for me - the only thing I disliked was the tiny onscreen keyboard and the battery life - both have been fixed on the Evo apparently. I was going to continue with BlackBerry but I'm not waiting anymore. I've been patiently waiting for RIM to WOW me since they screwed up the Tour so badly... I'm done being patient. And I think a lot of people are going to drop their berries for Android and the new iPhone.
    05-22-10 10:38 PM
    Are there any new rumours of the release date?

05-22-10 10:57 PM
    I'm predicting Oct time frame...
    05-28-10 02:45 PM
    November just like the 9000 and 9700 before it.
    05-28-10 06:57 PM
    I'm thinking a fall release date to, which sucks IMO.
    05-28-10 07:39 PM
    There may have been internal optimistic June target dates but there was NEVER an announced date so nothing was pushed back. They may now be targeting August but that does not mean it will be August. PG speculated October in another thread that sounds good to me.

05-28-10 07:58 PM
    Well rumor has it that PG has his now .... So hopefully in about 3 months it will be out (usual testing time frame) so late August or September

05-28-10 09:56 PM
    I understand that. But I can't wait anymore. I miss my HTC Hero to be perfectly honest. I use Gmail so push e-mail isn't an issue for me - the only thing I disliked was the tiny onscreen keyboard and the battery life - both have been fixed on the Evo apparently. I was going to continue with BlackBerry but I'm not waiting anymore. I've been patiently waiting for RIM to WOW me since they screwed up the Tour so badly... I'm done being patient. And I think a lot of people are going to drop their berries for Android and the new iPhone.
    Another one of these posts. Look, friend, WOW factor people such as yourself are better off with the shiny new Droids and iPhones. I have no idea why you're even here. RIM has never been about flash, which is apparently what you're mainly interested in.

05-28-10 10:11 PM
    I dont know about the rest of you guys, I may be new to the forums, and the flavor of the week OS swaps, but I been rocking a Berry for a little bit....circa the 6710 which for its time was the complete "doo doo" and in those days all any of my friends wanted to do was take a whiff.... went from there to the 7250...then an 8700...now I am PROUD to rock the 9700...I'm with T Mobile and wish I had a chance at the newest first every time...if you guys gt it I still have to wait another 3 to 6 months before I can get it...and even longer for firmware updates...Im not a fan of the slider but Ill tell you what....Id do backflips for a touchscreen with keyboard under the Blackberry Flag....

Ken
    05-29-10 02:16 AM
    Well rumor has it that PG has his now .... So hopefully in about 3 months it will be out (usual testing time frame) so late August or September

Sorry to disappoint guys but I was not in receipt of mine this week... Hopefully next week as this iPhone is going a bit sideways and I hate to swap my 9700 from personal use back to corporate use...

Sorry to disappoint...

PG
    05-29-10 12:38 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD