I've been waiting for this phone forever. It took AT&T 3 months and 1,000 conversations with me to complete an upgrade reversal so I could finally order this phone. I paid for "overnight" shipping on Friday to get this phone today, only to find out AT&T forgot to put my apartment number on the package Can these people get ANYTHING right?!?! Sorry, just needed a place to vent. Anyway, this thread is pertinent to the 9800
    08-16-10 02:47 PM
    uhh... i hope you enjoy the phone at least.
    08-16-10 02:55 PM
    No different than any other business

They easily mess up the information that they need to get you your product yet they never manage to screw up your billing information, never.
    08-16-10 03:01 PM
    That's not AT&T. That's God trying to stop you from wasting your money
    08-16-10 03:03 PM
    the love you have for the Torch is extra ordinary..
    08-16-10 03:06 PM
    I've been waiting for this phone forever. It took AT&T 3 months and 1,000 conversations with me to complete an upgrade reversal so I could finally order this phone. I paid for "overnight" shipping on Friday to get this phone today, only to find out AT&T forgot to put my apartment number on the package Can these people get ANYTHING right?!?! Sorry, just needed a place to vent. Anyway, this thread is pertinent to the 9800
    It took VZ two months to get my bill right just now as i was supposed to pay close to $300 out of $1400 they were charging me. I was shipped devices i had cancelled and never got, charged ETFs on those same devices and tons of taxes.

I think everyone has had one of those experiences. I know how bad you want this phone but can only hope for the best. Enjoy!
    08-16-10 03:08 PM
    Argh, I just hate AT&T. They can't seem to get anything right! And yes, they never fail to send me my bill at my apartment, yet forget to put down the correct information on other stuff... Still no package ATM.
    08-16-10 03:09 PM
    Scorpiodsu = EPIC FAIL
    08-16-10 03:10 PM
    lmao that's a good one!

But to the OP, seriously, good luck with your device when you get it... or should I say if you get it...
    08-16-10 03:11 PM
    Wow OP, that stinks! I hope you get your phone soon! And I definitely know your pain.

I once opened a bank account that a) spelled my name wrong, and b) left my apartment number off my checks and debit card. I was shocked they got my social correct. Needless to say I closed the account quick (after waiting 3 weeks to get my checks, that should have come in within 5-7 business days) - I definitely don't want that kind of incompetence around my money! And this isn't some little local bank either, it's a national, well known, publicly traded establishment.
    08-16-10 03:22 PM
    Wow OP, that stinks! I hope you get your phone soon! And I definitely know your pain.

I once opened a bank account that a) spelled my name wrong, and b) left my apartment number off my checks and debit card. I was shocked they got my social correct. Needless to say I closed the account quick (after waiting 3 weeks to get my checks, that should have come in within 5-7 business days) - I definitely don't want that kind of incompetence around my money! And this isn't some little local bank either, it's a national, well known, publicly traded establishment.
    Yeah, it sucks! I hate when people can't get simple things right, it just creates problems.

And wow, why does almost every thread result in some sort of pro/anti-torch flame war! lol
    08-16-10 03:25 PM
    Yeah, it sucks! I hate when people can't get simple things right, it just creates problems.

And wow, why does almost every thread result in some sort of pro/anti-torch flame war! lol
    Just ignore the trolls they will eventually go away. OP, I would be contacting AT&T and getting an account credit or discount for your trouble. Push and they will do it.
    08-16-10 03:40 PM
    Just ignore the trolls they will eventually go away. OP, I would be contacting AT&T and getting an account credit or discount for your trouble. Push and they will do it.
    Thanks, I think I'll do that.
    08-16-10 03:45 PM
    I wish I'd recorded it when I finally got ATT's collection people on a conference call with my bank. It was the best "how you like me now, *****" moment ever. I still can't open an account with them in my business name. I guess they hold a grudge even when they're at fault.
    08-16-10 04:05 PM
    OMG ME TOOO! but I handled it. I called ATT and UPS and I made them give me my box. I went down to the core ups center, and picked up my package my my my was my day ****, but I got it. AT&T forgets to put apartment numbers, so be very WEARY!
    08-16-10 05:00 PM
    Its here, finally! Setting it up now, looks pretty cool! My only complaint is that on the back right side, the rubber part to the right of the LED flash had some white thing on it and when I tried to remove it with my finger, it left a small mark Anyway I'm not exchanging it just for that LOL.
    08-16-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD