Hi guys,Can any one tell me when U get a Contract from the AT&T of the BlackBerry Torch for $200 do you have to pay anythig else with the 200 or is that it ???
    Making it Simple I want to know the Offer ov the Contract thing....Is it 200 and thats it or 200 + the extra's ????
    08-07-10 03:45 PM
    Hi guys,Can any one tell me when U get a Contract from the AT&T of the BlackBerry Torch for $200 do you have to pay anythig else with the 200 or is that it ???
    Making it Simple I want to know the Offer ov the Contract thing....Is it 200 and thats it or 200 + the extra's ????
    If you are a new AT&T custmer, the device will be $199 plus tax and/or any additional fees and out the door you go - after you sign the two year contract. Any cases, screen protector, etc will be extra, of course.

If you are upgrade eligible, it's the same as above.

If you are an early upgrader, then you pay the $199 plus whatever the early upgrade fee is.

If you are an AT&T customer, you can buy the device with no contract for $499. AT&T will not sell you a phone unless you are a customer.
    Last edited by ibcop; 08-07-10 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added info.
    08-07-10 04:03 PM
    If you are a new AT&T custmer, the device will be $199 plus tax and/or any additional fees and out the door you go - after you sign the two year contract. Any cases, screen protector, etc will be extra, of course.

If you are upgrade eligible, it's the same as above.

If you are an early upgrader, then you pay the $199 plus whatever the early upgrade fee is.

If you are an AT&T customer, you can buy the device with no contract for $499. AT&T will not sell you a phone unless you are a customer.
    So how do I become a Customer of AT&T ??? And Could you Mind to tell me what would be the Additional Fee's....So what will b the Total Cost,I gotta pay ??
    08-07-10 04:12 PM
    So how do I become a Customer of AT&T ??? And Could you Mind to tell me what would be the Additional Fee's....So what will b the Total Cost,I gotta pay ??
    Um, are you physically in the United States? Either go to the AT&T store or go online. Once you place your order, you'll see your total cost.
    08-07-10 04:16 PM
    i am in canada and want to buy it with no contract and wait for carriers to support it here. how do i get the torch from AT&T with no contract?
    Or how do i become a "costumer?"
    08-09-10 10:44 PM
    Lol to become a customer u have to make an account with them which I believe u can't because ur Canadian. i'm Canadian also and I heard, I believe I've seen it on a post on Crackberry, that the torch will be released by Rogers soon but not sure of either Telus or Bell will release it. Release date in Canada is two weeks after the release date in the US I think. Its pretty ironic that every BB is releases in the US before Canada and RIM is a Canadian company...SMH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 11:42 PM
    i am in canada and want to buy it with no contract and wait for carriers to support it here. how do i get the torch from AT&T with no contract?
    Or how do i become a "costumer?"
    there's also the activation fee of 36/line when you buy it here.
    if you're interested i'm selling one on Ebay.
    just let me know if you're interested.
    08-10-10 12:02 AM
    Lol to become a customer u have to make an account with them which I believe u can't because ur Canadian. i'm Canadian also and I heard, I believe I've seen it on a post on Crackberry, that the torch will be released by Rogers soon but not sure of either Telus or Bell will release it. Release date in Canada is two weeks after the release date in the US I think. Its pretty ironic that every BB is releases in the US before Canada and RIM is a Canadian company...SMH

my wife is from Vancouver, BC so i feel your pain..
    anyway, i think the Chinese has more IRONY..
    they assemble the iphone.. and it takes a while before the iphone becomes available in China..

and there are blackberry assembled in Mexico..
    and they get a LATER release date as well
    08-10-10 12:05 AM
    how do i go about being an early upgrader?
    08-10-10 01:06 AM
    Ok. Just to clear this up. Does anyone know FOR SURE that you cannot walk into an ATT store and purchase a Torch at retail (no contract) WITHOUT being an ATT customer already? I just want to know, because if you CAN........I am driving down to the USA and grabbing one.
    08-10-10 01:13 AM
    I'm a Canadian and i was in Las Vegas and my 9000 bold broke on me... so i went into a AT&T store to buy the torch (no contract, no commitment) for 500 us cash but the sales rep couldn't sell it to me because i don't have an account with them.
    08-26-10 12:50 AM
    I'm a Canadian and i was in Las Vegas and my 9000 bold broke on me... so i went into a AT&T store to buy the torch (no contract, no commitment) for 500 us cash but the sales rep couldn't sell it to me because i don't have an account with them.
    you should have picked up an AT&T prepaid phone.. the cheapest of course..
    which is around $39.99 .. now you have an account with AT&T.
    then buy the Torch for the no commitment pricing
    08-26-10 01:00 AM
    GibMcFragger, I can CONFIRM that you need to be AT&T account holder in order to get the $499 price. You see the $499 price is for AT&T account holders who are not eligible to upgrade so AT&T is letting them buy the phone at that price. The $199 price is for customers who are eligible for the phone upgrade on their account.
    08-26-10 01:02 AM
    Local AT&T retail shop here is matching the Walmart advertised $99 with no activation fee for new customers or eligible upgrades.
    08-26-10 01:20 PM
    Go in with 220 and you will have the phone with a new two year contract that's it really and me I had an upgrade decision after a year of being with att and that's what I did as a att customer which will be the same as being a first timer with att to be exact it comes out to 217 and some cents so you're better off with 220

08-26-10 01:26 PM
    Hey Berrylovers,

im gonna travel to L.A. and want buy a torch for me and my girlfriend.

is there now a chance to get one by at&t or bestbuy?

thx 4 info
    09-12-10 10:49 AM
    Hey Berrylovers,

im gonna travel to L.A. and want buy a torch for me and my girlfriend.

is there now a chance to get one by at&t or bestbuy?

thx 4 info
    I think your chances at an AT&T store are slim if you're not already (or can be) a customer. Best Buy stores are hit and miss - probably better if if you do it online through bestbuy.com and pick up in store. I'd recommend you do your research first before going into the store.

Good luck!
    09-12-10 11:03 AM
    hey,

thx 4 the infos.

is it possible to buy one prepaid card to become an customer?

whats the reason with best buy? out of stock?

greetings
    09-12-10 12:04 PM
    hey,

thx 4 the infos.

is it possible to buy one prepaid card to become an customer?

whats the reason with best buy? out of stock?

greetings
    I'm not sure you can do the prepaid card for the Torch - they want you under contract.

The Best Buy stores are hit and miss as far as selling the phone outright. Some stores will do it no questions asked, while other stores say they can't (or won't) do it. But if you buy on line through bestbuy.com, you can pay on-line and pick up in the store closest to you - then you won't give you any lip.
    09-12-10 04:32 PM
    Radioshack is another option. Call ahead. So you'll know if they have it in stock.

09-12-10 04:35 PM
    Radioshack sounds good cause i can order 2 BBs in one order.

Are they sim locked?
    09-13-10 11:43 AM
    Radioshack sounds good cause i can order 2 BBs in one order.

Are they sim locked?
    Yes, they will be locked to AT&T, but you can find an unlock code (or two) for under a dollar on eBay.
    09-13-10 12:55 PM
    yeah i found them but i read that only 2g works? any experience with limitations?
    09-14-10 03:57 PM
    yeah i found them but i read that only 2g works? any experience with limitations?
    It's actually 2.5G if you're referring to the EDGE.
    Depending where and when you are since 3G can be quite sluggish if a lot of people are using the tower. Thanks iphone peeps

09-14-10 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD