Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AT&T Battery Recall

Has anyone here about a recall on torch batteries by ATT ? If yes what are the exact details on the return.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts

I've havent heard anything about a recall and I work for AT&T
    I've sipped many different Kool-Aid's...
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    30,525 Global Posts

Google search showed nothing, not even a rumor of a battery recall.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    PIN
    28cf2637

Someone always trying to add something to the fire. I work for AT&T as well and nothing about battery recall. Certainly mind hasn't burst into flames yet and I use mine pretty heavy lol.
    Daniel C. AKA Blackberry User since 06
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dcjr99 View Post
    Someone always trying to add something to the fire. I work for AT&T as well and nothing about battery recall. Certainly mind hasn't burst into flames yet and I use mine pretty heavy lol.
    I think the OP was referring to the amount of bad batteries were seeing posted in this forum, not that the battery will burst into flames(although its quite possible if overcharged, trust me I know. I use lithium batteries all day in my hobby of R/C aircraft).

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't issue a recall seeing as how many are having less then average battery life, and it all stems from a bad batch of batteries.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts

Either way AT&T is just a carrier, not a manufacturer they wouldn't be issuing any recalls.
    Nokia 638, Nokia 6160, Nokia3360, Sony Ericsson T306, Nokia 3220, Nokia 6682, Nokia 6133, BlackBerry Pearl 8120, BlackBerry Pearl 8220, Back to 8120, BlackBerry Storm2 9550, Back to 8120 again, BlackBerry Torch 9800.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thanks for the quick responses everyone, heard that myth from a sales rep at a cellphone store and said i have to check it out.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,069 Global Posts

Sometimes information such as sales rep are not reliable at all... They do get information from unreliable sources.

Unless its official, don't believe it

- charles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com