Somehow in the setup of my Torch when switching devices from my Bold 9000, I selected to use AT&T Address Book instead of native contacts. I'm not sure how, because I specifically did a complete data backup and saw that all 970 contacts from my Bold were backed up. As a precaution I even did an export from Outlook and saved it as a CSV just in case. But I'm stuck somehow synchronizing my contacts with AT&T Address Book and its extremely slow.

I had placed a few contacts on my Favorites tab, and when I went to click on them I got an error stating they could not be found. After going into the contacts>options I saw that it was synchronizing slowly with the server.

Any quick way out of this and back to regular ol' contacts on the Blackberry? I usually let Google Synch keep them up to date and thats worked just fine in the past
    09-14-10 01:21 PM
    I somehow did something very similar and am now left with double of every contact in my address book.... I'm not even sure which one to delete!

Anyone else know how to fix this? Or what I did so that when I update to .246 I can have it back to normal?
    09-21-10 12:28 PM
    I had the same problem... some contacts were stored as default and others were stored in att addybook. I did noticed on the options menu that if you scroll down while adding a new contact it will give you the option to save as default or att. It just wasn't working out for me because I like google sync (google it ask you to check the duplicate box for contacts) so I deleted att address book--- and sync with google, under default.
    Last edited by stillmoi; 09-21-10 at 02:22 PM.
    09-21-10 02:20 PM
    When you first select contacts, att addr book asks you to accept the eula? Did you? I always decline it. Go into setup and select att addr book. There should be a "stop" or "cancel" type option there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD