- CrackBerry Newbie
- 3 Posts
Syncing two Blackberrys with Outlook
I currently use a Blackberry Torch 9850 for work and use Outlook for email, calendar, etc. All syncing for my work Blackberry is done via wireless.
I also have a personal Blackberry Torch 9800 that I am using again. My work/personal contacts and calendar are on Outlook and I want to have the identical information on my personal Blackberry. I only use my work Blackberry for work and do not want to use it for my personal calls, etc.
Any suggestions on how to do this? Do I need to load Blackberry Desktop on my work laptop and then have Desktop "recognize" my personal Blackberry? Should I use a wired connection for my personal Blackberry or can I also use the wireless connection?
Thanks and Happy Holidays.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-25-2012, 09:14 PM #2
- 250 Posts
You may only be syncing your 9850 wirelessly, but IIRC, you need to be hard-wired for initial setup, backups, etc.
Is Outlook only on your work computer? Are you allowed to sync a personal device to your work system? You may not be able to sync wirelessly as your personal device cannot connect/be recognized by your work network. Many IT departments don't allow that.
I'd install the BB Desktop on your work computer to sync your personal 9800. Ensure the data transfer is one-way from computer to 9800.
I don't know if the BB Desktop can handle two different devices. Experts?Pete
Torch 9800 v22.214.171.1246
Would like a cheap 9810 until OS 10.2 is released.
- By ryan_123 in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 8Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
- By ryan_123 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 8Last Post: 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
- By naviwilliams in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM
- By sbowenviol in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
- By godofdeath in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2008, 08:47 AM