Is there an app. other than the 128 MB download from Blackbery, for syncing my Torch with my Outlook 2003?
    01-08-11 05:40 PM
    What is "the 128 MB download from BlackBerry" that you are referencing?

In order to sync your BlackBerry with Microsoft Outlook, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed on your computer.

Alternately, you could try using Google Sync.
    01-08-11 06:00 PM
    I think he means DM.
    01-08-11 06:33 PM
    I don't think so, I think the only app that will sync it for free would be Desktop Manager if you want to sync with Outlook 2003
    01-08-11 06:35 PM
    And without DM, your device will only charge if connected to a PC. The drivers to do anything else come with DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 08:14 PM
    Although I use Outlook 07 the easiest way I found was to export the outlook calendar to Google calendar then added google sync app to the Torch. So, as I update the Outlook calendar on the computer it syncs with the Google calendar and then syncs with the Touch...all automatically.
    01-09-11 07:57 AM
    Why wouldnt you want DM installed? It does more than just syncing.

If you want to sync the calendar, just export the calendar to an ical. You will have to edit the file in notepad or another text editor so the line that says "METHOD:PUBLISH" says "METHOD:REQUEST"

Then just mail that ics as an attachment and your BB will import it properly. Another way is do it how jxk716 says and import the ics to google calendar then use googlesync to sync with your bb, but if youre like me and hates google not a choice at all.
    01-09-11 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD