I'm a new Blackberry user just picking up a Torch today. I proceeded to sunc up my Contacts using Blackberry Desktop Manager and was presented with an error and a KB article to consult.

KB19454-"The <organizer application> database cannot be accessed for synchronization" appears when attempting a synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 1.0 on a Mac computer

Has anyone experienced this issue and no the solution? Although the KB article references many sync item issues, mine is with contacts. I admit I was a little disappointed to find that out-of-the-box I was unable to sync with Contacts on OS X.
    08-12-10 08:24 PM
    I am having the same problem with my contacts also. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!
    08-12-10 09:01 PM
    you guy should head over to the official blackberry forums and report this
    08-12-10 09:55 PM
    Just reporting back that this appears to be a known issue. Also a thread is now open on the support forms.

KB23925-Unable to synchronize the Apple Address Book from the Mac computer to the BlackBerry Torch smartphone
    08-13-10 02:40 PM
    After spending an hour and a half with AT&T, with various technicians, was finally given one that knew what he was doing. There is a known issue trying to sync the 9800, this is due to AT&T pre-installing AT&T Adresss Book onto the device.

AT&T does not have a time frame as to when they will resolve the issue, I ended up returning my 9800 and I am now back with my reliable 9700.
    09-10-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD