BBLeaks has a link to a leaked version for Verizon phones (Storm &/or Storm 2). Just wondering if anyone has tried it & if it's Torch compatible.
    09-11-10 03:42 PM
    link? I can't find it....
    09-11-10 03:59 PM
    Nothing there on BBLeaks, I call shenanigans.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 04:18 PM
    link? I can't find it....
    Interesting. It was there, but I don't see it now, either. It included a link to MegaUploads, where I did grab the archive. But, with the story disappearing, I'm even less comfortable than I was about trying it or passing it on. Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up, including mine.
    09-11-10 04:38 PM
    Hmm, I'd like to believe, since Swype seems awesome and all, but with no proof and just the possibility of an archive on someone's computer, I'm pretty sure noone's going to be convinced. Especially since nothing like that came up on BBLeaks' Twitter, which I happen to follow. I'm pretty sure if it's for the storm on OS5 then it won't work on the torch since the keyboards are different, but you could at least upload it to mediafire for storm users to try.

09-11-10 04:43 PM
    OK. It's egg on face time. I must not have been paying as much attention as I should have. It was a leaked beta of Skype, not Swype. Guess I was thinking too much about Swype when I saw that. 'Cause I really would like Swype working on my Torch. Sorry.
    09-11-10 04:47 PM
    Haha, I wouldn't worry about it hopefully someday we can have BB Swype. ****, I dreamed about Swype on a Torch the other day, that has to mean something!

09-11-10 04:57 PM
    much rather blindtype (spelling?) than swype from the videos I've seen of it.
    09-11-10 07:33 PM
    I saw the demo video and think it's a really cool idea, not convinced this is faster than I am on my keyboard.
    09-11-10 08:02 PM
    I've been using swype for a month now. There is a learning curve to it like anything else but once you get the hang of it, with auto spacing and auto caps, swype is extremely fast. Its a love it or hate it kind of thing, but very nice to have as an option. Hopefully it is available on BB 's soon.

09-11-10 08:12 PM
    Haha, I wouldn't worry about it hopefully someday we can have BB Swype. ****, I dreamed about Swype on a Torch the other day, that has to mean something!

I hope you're right. I didn't think much of it when I first got it, but the way it works grows on you. I used it both on WM & Android. Somehow, I'm just not getting the Torch onscreen kbs. So, right now, I always have to open the physical kb. Sometimes, it would just be nicer not having to do that.
    Last edited by kraski; 09-11-10 at 09:01 PM.
    09-11-10 08:54 PM
    much rather blindtype (spelling?) than swype from the videos I've seen of it.
    Don't go by the video. Try it. And give it some time. There's a kind of break in period -- you get used to it & it gets broken in to your way of writing. GG1 is right though. By the time you get done, you either love it or hate it. I liked it when I had to use a stylus, Now that I have to use a finger tip, I'm gonna love it -- no tapping the "a" & getting an "s". The Torch onscreen kb options just aren't showing me any love.
    09-11-10 09:00 PM
    I'm also curious about swype. I have heard nothing but good things about it.
    It would be nice if we can get it on BB.. Hopefully an OS leak will have it included or a third party app will provide us this feature
    09-17-10 09:50 AM
    It's incredibly fast and very smart at knowing what you're trying to type.

The world's fastest text time was accomplished using a Swype keyboard.

No idea if they plan on releasing a BB version or not, I know with the Storm it'd be hard with the clicking screen and all.

It takes some time to get used to but once you use the tutorial and start using it, it's incredibly fast and accurate.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 09-17-10 at 10:14 AM.
    09-17-10 10:05 AM
    It's incredibly fast and very smart at knowing what you're trying to type.

The world's fastest text time was accomplished using a Swype keyboard.

No idea if they plan on releasing a BB version or not, I know with the Storm it'd be hard with the clicking screen and all.
    If i'm not mistaken, the record WAS set using Swype, and then once again broke by someone on an iPhone.

I've played with Swype, and found it pretty cool and fast. Never tried typing numbers or anything, so not sure how that would be, but i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. It would come in handy when texting and driving (not that i do that ) I'd definately be excited if it came to BB. More options is better than less IMO
    09-17-10 10:12 AM
    If i'm not mistaken, the record WAS set using Swype, and then once again broke by someone on an iPhone.
    Official record is still held by the UK woman using swype. The iPhone 4 was an online video post, nothing official.
    09-17-10 11:23 AM
    I think I would want it just so I can say that I have it..
    Don't think I'd use it as much as I'd use my physical keyboard.
    09-17-10 02:28 PM
    So its been a while now . . . Any other info come out on this subject? I'm really waiting for swype now that I have my torch.

01-30-11 12:30 AM
    I think blackberrymust up its game,,cauz brainwashed geeks want some control at least save battery power.....othrwise my torch is great but makes me feel like a cow...............
    08-11-13 02:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD