I can't stress how critical this 9800 w/ OS6 is to me staying with Blackberry devices. Between work and personal devices, I've had 5 Blackberries over the past 5 years and all of them have been great. I was never really big on mobile web browsing, but nowadays I lay in bed at night using my ipod touch to browse the forums through wifi connection. These past 3 weeks, I've been researching Android devices like crazy and the innovation scale is tipped in their favor. It's not like RIM needs me, and you all couldn't care less if I remain faithful to Blackberry devices, but I don't want to have to switch.

This is really like owning 4 Nissans and then looking at another make of cars.
    08-02-10 02:32 PM
    Ill just go ahead and stay with sprint since it looks like the BB 9930 will be coming soon!
    08-02-10 03:23 PM
    I have absolutely horrid credit. Well, not so bad now but when I signed on to AT&T about 4 years ago I had about the worst rated credit you could get and I didn't pay a security deposit. I now have 5 lines. I've never paid a security deposit on any phone I've gotten from them or anytime I've added a line.

I think I'm going to get the Samsung Captivate and then buy the 9800 outright when it comes and I can just switch the sim card back and forth.
    08-02-10 04:50 PM
    Ill just go ahead and stay with sprint since it looks like the BB 9930 will be coming soon!
    Huh? What are you talking about? The 9900 series was what people thought the 9800 series was to begin with...the articles talking about a 9900 or 9930 are from March...ancient times in tech years...
    08-02-10 05:08 PM
    Huh? What are you talking about? The 9900 series was what people thought the 9800 series was to begin with...the articles talking about a 9900 or 9930 are from March...ancient times in tech years...
    lol yea i was about to say, seems like years or i missed something haha
    08-02-10 06:25 PM
    I have absolutely horrid credit. Well, not so bad now but when I signed on to AT&T about 4 years ago I had about the worst rated credit you could get and I didn't pay a security deposit. I now have 5 lines. I've never paid a security deposit on any phone I've gotten from them or anytime I've added a line.

I think I'm going to get the Samsung Captivate and then buy the 9800 outright when it comes and I can just switch the sim card back and forth.
    This actually is a pretty good idea. I was playing with the captivate last week and I like it alot. You can do this with the SIM card? Would you need to activate the device everytime you switch?

I was pretty successful at developing some blackberry themes last year and made about $500 over 5 months which could be used towards the purchase of a new device. Maybe I'll start with the 9800, develop and sell some more themes for OS6 then buy the captivate outright.
    08-02-10 06:45 PM
    It is easy to switch all you have to do is call AT&T had the captivate but returned it. Still very buggy, gps, gmail synch, and lag on the hand set. The screen is huge but I like my wife's iPhone 4much better. The screen is much berthed and a lot crisper. The text on the captivate was vey jagged compared to the iPhone. I can't believe it but I think I will pick up the 9800 and the iPhone too.
    08-02-10 07:53 PM
    Currently on TMO till Jan at just under $70 per month with insurance for all data, SMS and more minutes than I'd ever use. Checked ATT. Would be $70 per month w/o ins and I wouldn't be able to pay for the device over time like TMO. Tempting but we'll have to see how my job lineup goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 09:08 PM
    still switching! i dont care what anyone says about the phone, im still excited.
    08-03-10 08:10 PM
    Yep, will be going back to AT&T to get one of these. Switched to Verizon for the Storm. Have never had a problem with AT & T, actually I have better service with AT & T at my home than I do with Verizon.
    08-03-10 08:16 PM
    i also get better service in my house with my iPhone 4 than i did with my droid x...weeeiirrddd
    08-03-10 08:22 PM
    $25 = 2GB data = LMAO!...No thanks, I'll wait for Sprint to release their version.
    08-03-10 10:33 PM
    Yep, will be going back to AT&T to get one of these. Switched to Verizon for the Storm. Have never had a problem with AT & T, actually I have better service with AT & T at my home than I do with Verizon.
    case in point. it really depends on where you are!
    08-03-10 10:35 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD