well looks like im going to have to jumpship again in the past month to try out the 9800, im starting to realize i have a serious problem with phones. but im excited anyone else!?
    07-31-10 01:04 AM
    With Verizon's huge ETF?! No.
    07-31-10 01:08 AM
    With Verizon's huge ETF?! No.
    sell your phone to pay the ETF.
    07-31-10 01:17 AM
    sell your phone to pay the ETF.
    Smart idea, I still wouldn't leave VZW.
    I'm a 'Premier Customer'
    Good Luck with AT&T~
    07-31-10 01:19 AM
    I love att. I still don't know how i feel about the 9800 though. I'm pretty sure i'm going to get a 9780. i will try the 9800 before I decide though..it just looks to palm pre to me. Not thats a bad thing, I just don't know about portrait sliders.
    07-31-10 01:21 AM
    Smart idea, I still wouldn't leave VZW.
    I'm a 'Premier Customer'
    Good Luck with AT&T~
    welp luckily my family is still on Verizon, so i can switch back anytime!
    07-31-10 01:24 AM
    I left ATT for Verizon. I was really tempted to go back before I went Blackberry and get the Iphone, then I realized that ATT's security deposits are friggen outrageous, did the math, and concluded that $100 towards a new smartphone (NE2 Discount) was better than paying $750 + $200 + whatever in accessories for an Iphone. Switching carriers... how come no one ever says anything about security deposits? Unless you got A1 credit, you are not switching for free.

So you take your $350 ETF, add a $400 security deposit, add $200 promo pricing on a new phone, please tell me how selling my current phone is going to pay the difference?! Just an example of how expensive it can be to jump carriers. Hence why it is so important to pick the right carrier... Verizon!!
    07-31-10 02:48 AM
    I left ATT for Verizon. I was really tempted to go back before I went Blackberry and get the Iphone, then I realized that ATT's security deposits are friggen outrageous, did the math, and concluded that $100 towards a new smartphone (NE2 Discount) was better than paying $750 + $200 + whatever in accessories for an Iphone. Switching carriers... how come no one ever says anything about security deposits? Unless you got A1 credit, you are not switching for free.

So you take your $350 ETF, add a $400 security deposit, add $200 promo pricing on a new phone, please tell me how selling my current phone is going to pay the difference?! Just an example of how expensive it can be to jump carriers. Hence why it is so important to pick the right carrier... Verizon!!
    Never had to pay any kind of security deposit to AT&T - never even had to pay an "activation fee" so I must have "A1" credit or I just always pay my bill on time.
    07-31-10 05:14 AM
    Never had to pay any kind of security deposit to AT&T - never even had to pay an "activation fee" so I must have "A1" credit or I just always pay my bill on time.
    I didn't have to pay a security deposit either(multiple reasons) on AT&T, and never had to for VZW either. Anyhow, both have their advantages & disadvantages as usual. Both will get their own cool new devices respectfully. AT&T definitely has the fastest 3G network, but VZW is rolling out LTE later this year. Although AT&T can achieve those speeds with their current setup(HSPA+, HSUPA).

So basically you can switch back and forth to get the coolest new phone(don't blame you one bit) or stick with one and take what comes...or have an account with both carriers
    07-31-10 07:53 AM
    I am not switching to AT&T for the 9800 but I am just going to service with Sprint and AT&T so that way I can have my 9800 and 9650. Plus I get dealer pricing since I work for blackberry (from wireless giant) so no activation or security deposit for me. But I can't blame you for jumping ship as I have done this countless times myself and see nothing wrong with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 08:55 AM
    i have to agree with crucial that i have never had to pay a security deposit and im pretty sure that has to do with your credit.
    07-31-10 09:57 AM
    VZW has failed to update their towers in my area so I'll be happily taking my business to AT&T (which has improved coverage locally) with the hopeful arrival of the slider.

07-31-10 10:30 PM
    Yes, you need to have good credit in order to not pay the security deposit. Although they give you the deposit back after one year. Whenever you get a new AT&T line you always have to pay a $36 activation fee or $18 for a family line.
    07-31-10 10:42 PM
    Don't people who continually jump ship keep having to give up good plans in order to do so?
    Just from my own personal experience I'd not jump ship to loose the plan I have as it wouldn't be offered at this rate by other local carriers.
    08-01-10 12:35 AM
    sliders are so 5 years ago :zzz:
    08-01-10 01:24 AM
    Never had to pay a security deposit either. And I am planning on switching my 5 lines to AT&T for the 9800. Luckily TMO pro-rates their ETF. Late Aug I'll be under 6 months to go which drops the ETF to $100. So like someone mentioned, I plan on selling our 8900's to cover that $100 ETF on the two 8900's. TMO's coverage is horrible in our area and getting worse. They aren't putting any money into their network. Excited about the 9800.
    08-01-10 08:18 AM
    Hey! I'll hold on to your droid X for ya! LOL
    08-01-10 08:58 AM
    Never had to pay a security deposit either. And I am planning on switching my 5 lines to AT&T for the 9800. Luckily TMO pro-rates their ETF. Late Aug I'll be under 6 months to go which drops the ETF to $100. So like someone mentioned, I plan on selling our 8900's to cover that $100 ETF on the two 8900's. TMO's coverage is horrible in our area and getting worse. They aren't putting any money into their network. Excited about the 9800.
    Been my experience as well. 2 weeks ago we signed up for a T-Mo plan to try out the Samsung S version they're selling. Coverage at my girlfriends house 11 years ago was non-existent: I had to drive half a mile to get any coverage. 11 years later, we were in the same situation! The androids that we picked up on Thursday night went back on Friday. When the salesman looked at the call count, he commented on the lack of phone calls made - then he realized why there were no phone calls made and shut the plan down. Net cost to us was $0.00 and all he could say was that T-Mobile was planning to upgrade the coverage in our area - which is what I heard 11 years ago.

Sorry, T-Mo - Not falling for that bs!
    08-01-10 11:31 AM
    I'mhere to say my family has horrible ccredit and we've never paid a security deposit.
    08-01-10 01:17 PM
    Yes, you need to have good credit in order to not pay the security deposit. Although they give you the deposit back after one year. Whenever you get a new AT&T line you always have to pay a $36 activation fee or $18 for a family line.
    hmmm i thought it just went towards your bill but i may be wrong. anyways tuesday cant come fast enough to find out when it actually is being released.
    08-01-10 06:57 PM
    I had taken security deposits on customers a few times. It is refunded to you in a one year time frame with interest provided you are good on paying during that year. Also is you decide to jump ship, they keep your deposit to cover whatever the balance is and if there is any left they will give it to you.
    I don't understand why you would leave Verizon for a dang slider phone on AT&T You should check out the Bold. It really is awesome. I don't know why people say it is boring and too much like the Tour. I had the Tour and the Bold may be shaped similar to the Tour but it does weigh more, feels more sturdy and the qwerty keypad is a lot nicer than on the Tour. It was perfect from the moment I first touched it. No break in time at all. I love this device...........my coworkers think it is sweet and one of them has the TMobile Bold and she told me she is jealous !
    08-01-10 08:54 PM
    I had taken security deposits on customers a few times. It is refunded to you in a one year time frame with interest provided you are good on paying during that year. Also is you decide to jump ship, they keep your deposit to cover whatever the balance is and if there is any left they will give it to you.
    I don't understand why you would leave Verizon for a dang slider phone on AT&T You should check out the Bold. It really is awesome. I don't know why people say it is boring and too much like the Tour. I had the Tour and the Bold may be shaped similar to the Tour but it does weigh more, feels more sturdy and the qwerty keypad is a lot nicer than on the Tour. It was perfect from the moment I first touched it. No break in time at all. I love this device...........my coworkers think it is sweet and one of them has the TMobile Bold and she told me she is jealous !
    well to be honest, if its the first device with OS6 im going to want to try it and second of all i do enjoy the iphone alot so that would give me choice of switching back and forth between phones.
    08-01-10 09:00 PM
    Just go with AT&T they pretty much have all the newest and latest phones and they get them first.

But your right that people do have to give up good plans when they frequently jump ship.

Yep sliders are so five year ago!
    08-02-10 02:19 AM
    hmmm i thought it just went towards your bill but i may be wrong. anyways tuesday cant come fast enough to find out when it actually is being released.
    Yes, your right it does go towards your bill but you do have to pay it anyways.

Just like your excited for the release date of the new 9800; I was so excited for the release of the iPhone 4 that I actually stayed infront of the computer from 1AM to 4AM until Apple started taking orders online but I wasted all that time and effort for nothing because they weren't selling the white one. What bummer that was!
    Last edited by UsedPhoneforSale.com; 08-02-10 at 02:23 AM.
    08-02-10 02:20 AM
    Well, I was gonna jump ships to VZN, but after I found out about the 9800, I decided to stay in att. Hopefully the 9800 will be worth it.

08-02-10 06:41 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD