I am gonna jump in next week and get the Torch. I currently have a Bold 9700. I hesitate to use the Switch Device Wizard, as its a totally new OS and my current apps and themes may not be compatible. So what's my best plan of attack? I'm thinking install my SIM and my media card from my 9700 and then manually setting up my email accounts? Or will logging into my BIS account, entering my new PIN and sending service books automatically make my email active on the Torch? Or do my service books contain stuff that may be specific to my 9700 configuration that the Torch may not recognize or need? Once I have email up and running, I can install SmrtGuard and restore my contacts and calendar, etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 06:48 PM
    i used the device switch wizard to go from an OS 4.5 Curve 8310 to an OS 5.0 Bold 9700 with zero hiccups. Same goes for backup files. They are all compatible and there is no reason 6.0 wouldn't be either; this functionality is pretty crucial to RIM's business model, especially for corporate customers, so I wouldn't worry about it not being compatible.
    08-04-10 07:00 PM
    Dlo's right, go ahead and use the device switcher. You'll be fine.

08-04-10 07:07 PM
    Just do an advanced restore of the data you really need if you're worried about it. Data is data. Besides, do you really want to move all that call timer and other crap to your new clean OS?
    08-04-10 07:15 PM
    Dlo's right, go ahead and use the device switcher. You'll be fine.

Agree went from 8830 to Storm 1 with no problems. It figures it out.
    08-04-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD