So I'd like to start off by saying I love my Torch. Honestly can't put it down. I created a review prior to purchase and I plan to do a full review very soon.

I am having issues with the lock/unlock feature. Like many have said, the lock button is way to sensative, even for my liking. But the strange part is that when I locked the phone a little while ago and went to put it in my pocket, the screen light up again and was unlocked. I paused, looked at it again, then locked it. Again I tried to put the phone in my pocket with being careful not to touch the lock button. And yet again the phone lights up and is unlocked.

At this point I'm a little puzzled. I repeat locking and my hand.motion a few times. I figured out that when mpalm was over the screen, the phone would unlock. but then i tried to narrow it down to the reason why. it seems as though to the right of the LED light, there is a light/sensor that can be seen if held in direct sunlight this light was blinking red, it was fairly dim, but it was visible. When I covered this sensor, the phone would unlock and continue to blink. I never saw this on my Bold 9000. Does anyone have any insight as to what this is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 09:54 PM
    Proximity sensor. So when you hold it to your ear, the phone will lock to prevent accidentaly pushing the mute, speaker, hang up etc.

Same thing on the Storm 2.
    08-20-10 10:11 PM
    But its doing just the opposite. Unlocking when I've already locked it. Weird. Its better now, but was this a fluke?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD