Hello Crackberry Forum'ers,

First time posting,

I would like to know if always saving pictures, and all messages(sms, emails, bbm) in the device is much better than saving it in a media card.... Since today I got all year's worth of picture deleted because of a faulty microsd, and I don't want to happen again (since I did a backup last week, so loss is minimal), and if it is ok to hang around without an microsd

Thanks !
    06-06-12 11:12 AM
    Welcome to cb,

I'd say it's always best to save files on a quality SD card like Sandisk as they're reliable, shock proof and water resistant (if not water proof).

Be careful of the toot Chinese sellers sell on ebay as they're copies with SanDisk printed on them.
    06-06-12 11:58 AM
    I'd say both are okay so long as you back your stuff up regularly. The quality card advice is good.
    06-06-12 12:03 PM
    I didn't think you had a choice about where sms, emails and BBMs go. I thought those were in internal database files as part of the OS and stored in the 512 mb system memory. It's why deleting a lot of old emails will increase available ram when you check.

For pictures, I have old ones on the SD card, but new ones go to the internal 4gb memory, only because I find that saves and "ready for the next shot" cycle happens a bit faster than when saving to the external SD card. Could just be me, though.
    06-06-12 02:29 PM
    I didn't think you had a choice about where sms, emails and BBMs go. I thought those were in internal database files as part of the OS and stored in the 512 mb system memory. It's why deleting a lot of old emails will increase available ram when you check.

For pictures, I have old ones on the SD card, but new ones go to the internal 4gb memory, only because I find that saves and "ready for the next shot" cycle happens a bit faster than when saving to the external SD card. Could just be me, though.
    With OS7 you can also backup your bbm contacts on your sd card.

Bbm - options - backup - backup locally
    06-06-12 02:32 PM
    With OS7 you can also backup your bbm contacts on your sd card.

Bbm - options - backup - backup locally
    I think that's a feature of BBM itself. That can be done on my phone too running OS 6.
    06-06-12 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD