can everyone stop b*t*hing about the battery life.... my phone is just like all of yours ok, i have had non stop phone calls for 4 hours straight, i've been text messaging, BBMing, watching youtube videos, and taking pictures... and that was all yesterday... i have yet to charge my phone and i still have just under half the battery life left... i took my phone off the charging dock at exactly 5:00am on November 30th... i havent charged it yet cause i'm working a triple shift... ok so seriously... stop complaining about teh battery life... i cant stand see all these threads bashing the battery life.. if you dont like the battery life go get a different phone easy as that, plain and simple

thanks

sorry im being so harsh but i cant stand see users from the 9780 or 9700 bashing the torch battery life, if you dont own a torch, why the **** do you care?? i dont own ur phone and i can give two s**** about ur phone.....
    Last edited by BB-MAZDASPEED; 12-02-10 at 04:18 AM.
    chaddeus likes this.
    12-02-10 04:13 AM
    Haha, what a loser! Get a grip, guy!!
    12-02-10 04:53 AM
    So because your one battery gets great. Life nobody else is allowed to have issues? Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 05:02 AM
    @OP - the issue is that many of us got used to the amazing battery life of the 9700 and many other recent Blackberries. It was a shock to many of us, including me, when we noticed that our 9800s had considerably lower battery life.
    It takes some tweaking of features and settings, but my 9800 is now just below what my 9700 was in terms of battery life. Simple things, like putting it in a case so that it would go to sleep, really helped me.
    12-02-10 05:19 AM
    I haven't had any issues with my Torch. I think my battery lasts longer on my Torch than my iPhone. I also had battery issues with my 8100 where it would drain so fast and need to be charged every few hours (this was toward the end of my time with it, before I switched to iPhone... it had been working great when I first got the 8100). So far, I'm happy with the Torch battery.
    12-02-10 05:31 AM
    The reason for Bold owners posting in the Torch forum...touchscreen envy...ROFL

12-02-10 06:01 AM
    ^^ I remember most of the members saying (including myself) how much they hated touchscreens and would never get a touchscreen phone. Now that the Torch is out......

12-02-10 06:09 AM
    Well....I love both my Torch *and* my 9700.
    I don't like touchscreen only devices, which is the reason I love the choices the Torch gives me.

lang007 likes this.
    12-02-10 06:37 AM
    Well....I love both my Torch *and* my 9700.
    I don't like touchscreen only devices, which is the reason I love the choices the Torch gives me.

I loved my 9700 but it developed the loose squeaky right side bezel (which was no big deal), trackpad would not work in direct sunlight (which I tolerated) and then the earpiece speaker died. While I sent it out for repair I bought the SGS just to try it out and ended up keeping it. As for the Torch,I gave it a 4 day test run and I just knew I couldn't get used to that keyboard and the slider part for some reason. Nice device though.

To the OP, I would rather read about bad battery issues and trying to find the reasons or solutions to the issue then to just read about people saying they get 2-4 days without charge.

12-02-10 07:32 AM
    I'm not here to say good or bad about the torch battery. I use the phone all day, 8 plus calls a day, surf, txt and just mess around and all the features are on and I get approx 3 days per charge.

Now I'm not saying it's normal but all phones, "models" are not equal. You can set up 4 torches side by side and use them at exactly the same rate and I bet they'll all have different battery lives..

Due to electrical tolerances between components, batteries and such.
    12-02-10 08:30 AM
    Try using my phone. I switched to the captivate and i am lucky to get 12 hours on a full charge. Compared to past blacknerry's the torch does not have great battery.

12-02-10 08:49 AM
    onsider the form factor also. The torch being smaller than othe BB's requires a smaller battery which means less amps/mAmps per hour.

If you want the same time on a torch, buy a larger battery and glue it to the back!. Lol

In fact, on the the Iphone a company built a battery pack the the whole iphoe sits into and runs it for a fulll 6 hours of additional use.
    Last edited by cybernerd; 12-02-10 at 09:26 AM.
    12-02-10 09:22 AM
    Try using my phone. I switched to the captivate and i am lucky to get 12 hours on a full charge. Compared to past blacknerry's the torch does not have great battery.

Before I got the Torch I had a Captivate. While I loved that phone it would be at 50% battery by 2:00 PM, I found my self never using it since I needed to make sure it would make it until 10:00 PM.

Anyways I think a lot of people that get bad battery life with the Torch are in the areas that constantly switch between EDGE and 3G. I personally get great battery life I'm usually around 50% by 10:00 PM with heavy usage
    12-02-10 10:19 AM
    Actually I do agree with BB-MAZDASPEED. There is no real point complaining and RIM will not immedialy send you a super ultra high technology battery if you complain.

Its just like you guys driving a Toyota Prius and enjoy the battery life and then you go and purchase a Ferrari and complain to everyone about the poor mileage. It just does,'t make any sense.

- Charles
    12-02-10 11:24 AM
    Normally I do not complain too much when it comes to battery life in a phone and I have never had much of a problem because every night I can plug up my phone. However, the Torch has a bad battery life. I am not expecting Blackberry to do much about it, I would like the option to buy a bigger capacity battery. I would consider myself an average user, I probably send anywhere between 25-75 txts on a slow day a little web browsing here and there and I talk for ~ 1hr on my phone. By the evening it is already warning me that I have only 20-30% left in my phone. My usage has not changed since the Bold 9700 and with the same actions everyday by 9700 would last AT LEAST 2 days. I don't know if I just have a bad battery or what but I think the Torch sucks on Battery life.
    lang007 likes this.
    12-02-10 10:16 PM
    Whether you have a problem with battery life or not, why not instead of relying on your battery to last all day, keep a charging cradle on your desk (or in my case with the Torch, plug it into my computer)or plug it up while your in your vehicle during the day? I just keep it topped off during the day so when I DO need to rely on the battery, its fully charged. And I'm not saying we should just sit back and accept crappy battery life with the level of technology we have today, but common charging practices would keep the most avid user going strong in most cases. Just a thought.

12-03-10 04:18 AM
    I haven't had any issues with my Torch. I think my battery lasts longer on my Torch than my iPhone. I also had battery issues with my 8100 where it would drain so fast and need to be charged every few hours (this was toward the end of my time with it, before I switched to iPhone... it had been working great when I first got the 8100). So far, I'm happy with the Torch battery.
    dude, I had an iPhone 3Gs for two years, and just recently switched to the Torch. You can't even compare the two in terms of battery life. I had to have my 3gs plugged in every chance I had during the day, or it would die at the most inoportune time. I now have to stop myself from plugging in the 9800 all the time...it's simply fantastic!
    12-03-10 06:33 AM
    Whether you have a problem with battery life or not, why not instead of relying on your battery to last all day, keep a charging cradle on your desk (or in my case with the Torch, plug it into my computer)or plug it up while your in your vehicle during the day? I just keep it topped off during the day so when I DO need to rely on the battery, its fully charged. And I'm not saying we should just sit back and accept crappy battery life with the level of technology we have today, but common charging practices would keep the most avid user going strong in most cases. Just a thought.

Eminently sensible advice. I have chargers available everywhere -- office desk, car, bedroom, kitchen, etc. It's not that difficult to keep it topped off.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-03-10 07:03 AM
    Eminently sensible advice. I have chargers available everywhere -- office desk, car, bedroom, kitchen, etc. It's not that difficult to keep it topped off.
    Finally someone gets that its a battery and tends to die after its used and doesn't expect it to last 3 or 4 days on a charge. lmao

If everyone that wants it to last a couple days, they would have a battery as thick as the phone. Then they all would be complaining the device is to big.

You can satisfy half the people half of the time, but you can never satisfy all of the people all of the time.
    12-03-10 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD