I just got my Torch this past thursday and have been playing with it a bunch. It's been in a case, or my pocket or on a table, when not in use. It has not been damaged, and i'm assuming since i've only had it for a few days, it can't be considered from heavy use, but,

all of the keys located next to the track pad, when you touch them slightly or when you're lifting your finger up after depressing them, make a sticking sound. It feels as though the glue is a little loose...is anyone having this issue? is it normal? or should i just bring it back to AT&T for another?
    11-15-10 10:13 AM
    Some days mines does that, but most days it's fine. All depends on how much it bothers you. If its that serious, take it back for an exchange. Some people have reported about the plastic on the keys actually becoming unstuck and falling off.
    11-15-10 10:22 AM
    I just got my Torch this past thursday and have been playing with it a bunch. It's been in a case, or my pocket or on a table, when not in use. It has not been damaged, and i'm assuming since i've only had it for a few days, it can't be considered from heavy use, but,

all of the keys located next to the track pad, when you touch them slightly or when you're lifting your finger up after depressing them, make a sticking sound. It feels as though the glue is a little loose...is anyone having this issue? is it normal? or should i just bring it back to AT&T for another?
    Got my Torch last Monday and did an exchange on Friday due to camera focusing problem. Had the same sound (I wouldn't call it a problem) on those two Torches when keys beside the trackpad were pressed and released. I would think that it's normal. IMO, since it's not giving you any issues with typing/clicking, you don't have to do a replacement.
    11-15-10 10:29 AM
    I too am having problems with those four keys. The panel shifts and there is light-leakage. I bought mine last monday and haven't even started using it as my primary phone yet! Very annoying, I'm taking it back to ATT store tonight.

I think it would have been better to have four different/individual keys (like 8900) rather than the single panel RIM has plonked in there. That would have allowed the keys to absorb the pressure better.
    11-15-10 10:44 AM
    Mine do that too, it's not a real problem as the keys all function properly and the panel hasn't come off or moved, If the panel did come off, it could be glued back on.. As long as you're careful and don't over do it as someone on this forum did and made the keys unusable..
    11-15-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD