so i have an upgrade coming and i was wondering if i should get 1 of the new blackberries coming up or switch 2 android. i have had web os, ios, and blackberry so far and blackberry has been the best 4 me so far. i am a graduate student and future teacher and i use everything on my 9800. what are some suggestions on what i do?
    04-30-11 03:10 AM
    If you're a business type (which teachers generally are), I'd recommend sticking to BB. Their future looks bright - so does Android's, mind you, but their platform is still relatively-new, shared across dozens of phones, and geared more towards developers than businesspeople.

If you're looking for a lot of fun from your phone, Androids are a blast to try and use.

Also, Windows 7 mobile is actually pretty decent - surpassing iPhone, even.

However, out of all the phones I've sold and used, I keep going back to BB. It's just cleaner than the rest, I find.
    dredewten85 likes this.
    04-30-11 04:32 AM
    It's really personal preference, but I would never leave BlackBerry for an Android phone. The push messaging on BlackBerry is just amazing and sheer ability to customize nearly every aspect of your phone is well worth staying with BlackBerry.

And, I find all the Android phones to be really ugly, but that's just me. :P
    dredewten85 likes this.
    04-30-11 06:12 AM
    Is all about what you need I'm a business man and for me my BB is just perfect for working.

Well my dad is a CFO he is 55 years old and for the last 5 years hi has been using a Iphone but now that he so the torch and the simple it is to do stuff wit it his getting one.

But also my boss the commercial manager from my company use a I4 and his never going to get a BB he loves his I4 but the VP of the company loves BB and is always saying that Iphone are girly phone.

So out of all this is your preference and what you are using you phone for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by MikeGomez; 04-30-11 at 07:16 AM.
    dredewten85 likes this.
    04-30-11 07:11 AM
    the fact that you're hesitant to leave the BlackBerry platform tells a lot.
    i never had this when i switched from an iphone 3GS to the Torch for my personal phone.( although i've been using work issued BlackBerry phones before that).

My advice is to try Android, you have 3o days and you can return the phone.
    This will really help you answer any ifs or buts that you're having now.
    dredewten85 likes this.
    04-30-11 07:19 AM
    For me...Blackberry all the way, no doubt in my mind.
    04-30-11 12:51 PM
    Stick with blackberry you will thank me later and if ya dont i will tell you now I told ya so lol
    04-30-11 03:43 PM
    I'd stick with BB but....It's your thing, do what ya wanna do......
    04-30-11 03:47 PM
    My advice is to try Android, you have 3o days and you can return the phone
    I'd second that, take advantage of whatever exchange policy your carrier offers. It's really the only way to know for sure. Living with a phone 24/7, using it for your daily routine tasks will tell you more than trying one in a store or even borrowed from a friend.
    04-30-11 03:53 PM
    It all comes down to what you want and need from your phone.

You really just need to ask yourself one question:
    Is there anything you need from your phone that a BlackBerry has not been able to deliver?

For me, the answer is no. I just love how everything works without fussing. I don't need or want 'full' browsing on my phone (although I wouldn't mind if it was just a little quicker). I don't watch videos on my phone, so I don't need ridiculously high screen resolution. And I don't need hundreds of thousands of apps - I have about 30 installed now, and most of those I seldom use.

But that doesn't mean anything for how you use your phone. Do you want a better browsing experience, want more games and/or apps, or prefer stronger messaging with a physical keyboard? Do you want high-end features and performance, or simplicity if use and better battery life? All things you need to figure out before selecting your next phone.
    04-30-11 04:25 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=610423

04-30-11 04:36 PM
    so i have an upgrade coming and i was wondering if i should get 1 of the new blackberries coming up or switch 2 android. i have had web os, ios, and blackberry so far and blackberry has been the best 4 me so far. i am a graduate student and future teacher and i use everything on my 9800. what are some suggestions on what i do?
    I have an Android phone. The apps are incredible but it can't compare with a blackberry for messaging. Also, the battery life on an Android phone is abysmal. It will not last the day with less than moderate use. It is really bad.

I will always own an Android phone. I bought it because of the wifi hot spot and I use it for international travel. When I am overseas, I can pop in a prepaid data SIM card and have email and internet. You can't do that with a blackberry.
    04-30-11 05:52 PM
    It all comes down to your needs. If messaging, multi-tasking, and better than average battery life with a decent browser, then RIM is your choice. Otherwise, the other platforms would be a better fit. At the end of the day, it is your choice.

04-30-11 06:45 PM
    It all comes down to what you want and need from your phone.

You really just need to ask yourself one question:
    Is there anything you need from your phone that a BlackBerry has not been able to deliver?

For me, the answer is no. I just love how everything works without fussing. I don't need or want 'full' browsing on my phone (although I wouldn't mind if it was just a little quicker). I don't watch videos on my phone, so I don't need ridiculously high screen resolution. And I don't need hundreds of thousands of apps - I have about 30 installed now, and most of those I seldom use.

But that doesn't mean anything for how you use your phone. Do you want a better browsing experience, want more games and/or apps, or prefer stronger messaging with a physical keyboard? Do you want high-end features and performance, or simplicity if use and better battery life? All things you need to figure out before selecting your next phone.
    i want something with a good browser, something fast, something i can listen to music on and watch movies on (i am legend and iron man on my torch), and finally scheduling because i put everything i am doing on my phone. games arent to important, thats why i have a 360. however words with friends is the greatest.
    04-30-11 06:48 PM
    I say stay with BlackBerry. But its your $$$

04-30-11 06:58 PM
    Might want to actually wait for the new BB releases before making a decision
    04-30-11 07:19 PM
    I currently have a BB Torch and an Atrix.
    For the things you mentioned - multimedia - the Atrix kills the BB. That said, once you watch a couple of videos and make a couple of calls, your phone will be at three quarters battery wise. My Atrix has yet to make it through a full work day.
    The Torch doesn't have the display of the Atrix, but it will handle everything I throw at it through a full day and have enough battery left to make it to the next. To me that is a huge deal.
    The keyboard on the Pro is nowhere near a BB keyboard.
    If I had to give up one of my two phones, I will give up the Atrix. The Torch browser works beautifully and the last OS upgrade greatly enhanced the video experience, such as on YouTube.

Best thing I can say is that you have the option to try it out for 30 days on AT&T. 14 days on Verizon. Take advantage of that time to try out whichever device you are considering.
    04-30-11 07:56 PM
    Just get the Droid Pro.

Full keyboard plus all the benefits of going Android versus the BB dinosaur.

Just think, no more truncated emails and attachments, html emails work like a dream. You'll wonder how you ever put up with a BB for so long.
    i was looking at that phone but its on verizon and i dont want to pay the contract termination fee.
    04-30-11 09:12 PM
    I had the Samsung Vibrant (3G) for 7 months and came back to a Torch. I agree with CuddlyCombine, the Android platform is fun, but if you want a serious phone-BB is the number 1 choice!!!
    04-30-11 10:40 PM
    Judging by your needs, I would say that an Andorid probably would be your best bet. However get your backside down to the store, try one for 30 days (with ATT) then return if you don't like it. I'm sporting a BlackBerry Torch myself, and the maintenence I have to perform on this thing is nuts!
    05-01-11 06:44 AM
    Keeping an Android device working at optimal performance can keep you plenty busy as well, not to mention possible security risks with the market (FYI I have an Android tablet so I'm not rubbishing it, just pointing things out)
    05-01-11 07:07 AM
    I agree BB is fully business phone and security has been one of the important issue. I generally use larger font and BB is super in adjusting display which ever font or size, you choose to display.
    05-01-11 07:24 AM
    Judging by your needs, I would say that an Andorid probably would be your best bet. However get your backside down to the store, try one for 30 days (with ATT) then return if you don't like it. I'm sporting a BlackBerry Torch myself, and the maintenence I have to perform on this thing is nuts!
    Android updating is worse. More apps means more updates. Everyday it seems that I have 50 updates to do.
    05-01-11 01:54 PM
    I have an Android phone. The apps are incredible but it can't compare with a blackberry for messaging. Also, the battery life on an Android phone is abysmal. It will not last the day with less than moderate use. It is really bad.

I will always own an Android phone. I bought it because of the wifi hot spot and I use it for international travel. When I am overseas, I can pop in a prepaid data SIM card and have email and internet. You can't do that with a blackberry.
    I used my unlocked BlackBerry in Mexico with a prepaid SIM with email and internet with no problem whatsoever.
    05-01-11 02:00 PM
    I used my unlocked BlackBerry in Mexico with a prepaid SIM with email and internet with no problem whatsoever.
    Did you have email on BIS or BES though? That's the issue.
    05-01-11 02:08 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD