I got my Torch and love it except for one problem, the speaker on it.
    I dial my voicemail to check messages and put it on speaker, and I can hear clearly. I type in my password and listen to the msg, no problem, after I press 7 to delete msg, the lady comes on and says msg deleted but this time she is very quiet almost sounds like speaker is off and its back to handset. If I press speaker once to go to handset and once again to return to speakerphone, the volume returns back to normal and I can hear.
    Has anyone else experienced a speakerphone issue with the Torch. It also happens to me when Im talking on speakerphone and I go to my homescreen to do something while Im talking, the volume drops dramatically and I have to press handset to exit speakerphone and the press speaker to go back into it to get the normal speakerphone volume back.
    Is this a torch issue? software issue? or just my phone?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    10-14-10 04:25 PM
    Lack of volume on the Torch speaker has been discussed quite a bit on here.

Good candidate for a software fix IMO
    10-14-10 06:59 PM
    There's some issues with voicemail and the speaker volume setting. In VVM the volume keeps defaulting to zero.
    10-14-10 07:06 PM
    Any updates?
    Anyone contact RIM and find out?
    I tried to email them but got generic reply to check with HELP and forums, etc. Its a speaker issue, no forum will raise the volume on my phone.

Today I was talking to someone on my handset and all of a sudden they got very quiet, so I had to switch to speaker phone and then back to handset to get normal volume back. Same thing happens with speaker phone, goes quiet, then you have to switch to handset and back to speaker phone to get volume back to normal.

Can someone help me? Anyone?
    I know others have had problems. Is there new software coming out for this?
    Is RIM aware of the problem?
    Is it just my phone? And i should return it to Rogers?

Any help is appreciated.
    10-21-10 03:33 PM
    Any updates?
    Anyone contact RIM and find out?
    I tried to email them but got generic reply to check with HELP and forums, etc. Its a speaker issue, no forum will raise the volume on my phone.

Today I was talking to someone on my handset and all of a sudden they got very quiet, so I had to switch to speaker phone and then back to handset to get normal volume back. Same thing happens with speaker phone, goes quiet, then you have to switch to handset and back to speaker phone to get volume back to normal.

Can someone help me? Anyone?
    I know others have had problems. Is there new software coming out for this?
    Is RIM aware of the problem?
    Is it just my phone? And i should return it to Rogers?

Any help is appreciated.
    return it and get a new device, it seems like its a hardware issue
    10-21-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD