Hello,

Just bought a 9800, happy with it so far. Just that Whatsapp dont work from time to time. (After you lose mobile network, and when switching cell towers. I listed a topic for this...but no one seems to know how to solve this)

Anyways. I'm looking for a spare battery. Dont have to be OEM from RIM just need to do the job. And also an external charging dock. So that i can switch out batteries and charge the dead battery.

I checked Crackberry.com and they have 2 for 9800. But they were badly review. Anyone got any suggestions on which one to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    03-27-11 09:59 AM
    Look on eBay. You can usually find oem products for cheap. I had an external charger and spare batt from ebay for my 8330, they were oem, and worked great !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 10:01 AM
    Look on eBay. You can usually find oem products for cheap. I had an external charger and spare batt from ebay for my 8330, they were oem, and worked great !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks so much for the advice! I will definitely take a look. So now back to the Whatsapp problem.
    03-27-11 10:32 AM
    Hello,

Just bought a 9800, happy with it so far. Just that Whatsapp dont work from time to time. (After you lose mobile network, and when switching cell towers. I listed a topic for this...but no one seems to know how to solve this)

Anyways. I'm looking for a spare battery. Dont have to be OEM from RIM just need to do the job. And also an external charging dock. So that i can switch out batteries and charge the dead battery.

I checked Crackberry.com and they have 2 for 9800. But they were badly review. Anyone got any suggestions on which one to buy?

Thanks in advance!
    There are no extended batteries for the Torch yet. The only thing you can do is get an extra OEM battery and I do not believe they have chargers for them yet. There is also this external charger for your device:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cP8UJKQv
    And it works great!
    03-27-11 10:44 AM
    There are no extended batteries for the Torch yet. The only thing you can do is get an extra OEM battery and I do not believe they have chargers for them yet. There is also this external charger for your device:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cP8UJKQv
    And it works great!
    Thank you for your reply. But i was looking for an extra battery. not an extender. And there are, just have to use the original battery to activate the new battery.

And i am still searching for the dock or the external battery charger.
    03-27-11 10:59 AM
    Thank you for your reply. But i was looking for an extra battery. not an extender. And there are, just have to use the original battery to activate the new battery.

And i am still searching for the dock or the external battery charger.
    Be careful buying non-OEM batteries that require the original battery to activate it. If I am not mistaken, you have to re-activate them every time you do a battery pull. I would recommend spending the extra money for an OEM battery if the Ventev is not what you want.
    03-27-11 11:41 AM
    Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Hi yes i found a Portable Battery from Target. The package is called Just Wireless. It has a Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. There's a power indicator, a usb cable tip to match whatever Blackberry you have, retractable cable and all you do is you, " use the USB cable to charge battery using any USB power source. Then you select correct tip for your phone, then attach tip to USB retractable cable. Last you plug retractable cable to portable battery and plug tip into phone to charge." - Just Wireless

The charge takes about 2 1/2 hours the instructions say and when it's done a blue light will display on the power indicator.

This really works for me when I'm out and about. If I don't have my wall charger or mobile charger with me and I'm say for example: at an event waiting for doors to open and my battery is running low I just take out my retractable cable, plug in my phone with it and the battery gets charged.
    03-27-11 12:06 PM
    have you found any solution yet? i wanna do exactly the same! Torch's battery life sucks!
    03-27-11 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD