I did some searching but didn't find an answer. I have a few folks on custom ring tones but all are set to active profile. When I put the phone on vibrate only all calls are silent, but when I set the phone to silent my contacts with custom tones still ring. I have checked and they're set to active profile, so is this just a software glitch or am I missing something else? New to smart phones and BB so this has been a learning experience for sure.

Thanks for any and all help.
    Last edited by offler98; 12-19-10 at 06:29 AM. Reason: grammar
    12-19-10 06:28 AM
    if you are using a ringtone per contact defined with the contact itself, that will override the sound profile. this is by design and not a flaw.
    12-20-10 12:16 PM
    Guess I'll just have to put the phone on vibrate when I want it to be silent. That is a little irritating. Thanks for the reply
    12-20-10 12:21 PM
    Shansmi is correct: this is by design, not a flaw. Here is what the BB Help file says about creating an alert for a contact:

"You can create contact alerts that allow you to customize ring tones and alerts for calls and messages from specific contacts or groups of contacts. When you receive a call or message from the contact, your BlackBerry� device uses the assigned ring tone or alert, even if you select the Silent profile or Vibrate Only profile. If you do not want to be notified with the assigned ring tone or alert, you can select the All Alerts Off profile."
    12-20-10 12:47 PM
    On my vibrate only profile it only vibrates even with the conact specific ring tone but the silent profile still rings. I can certainly work around it, I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.
    12-20-10 01:03 PM
    With me old curve i could set my profile for incoming calls to vibrate 3-4 times than ring. Can this be done on the Tourch?
    12-20-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD