The sound on my Torch is not working. When I try to test a sound alert for an email account nothing plays. When my phone rings there is no sound. When I put the phone on speaker phone I can not hear anything. I have done a battery pull and that did not hurt either. My sound profile is at normal. Any clues or help is appreciated.
    06-20-11 09:47 AM
    Sounds like the external speaker has gone bad.
    Time to take it to a repair center, send it in or fix it your self.
    06-20-11 10:40 AM
    Well, you could try plugging in some headphones and see it they work.

Either way, sounds like it needs repair/replacement. (no pun intended).
    06-20-11 01:02 PM
    Everything is back to normal. Don't know why, but it is working now.
    06-21-11 07:38 PM
    That eliminates hardware issue. Glad its working.
    06-22-11 08:25 AM
    That eliminates hardware issue.
    No it doesn't. Problem could be the headphone jack.
    06-22-11 08:42 AM
    Happened to me as well, however I did get a little water in it. Lucky enough the sound came back. Did you get any water in it or any liquid?
    06-22-11 09:08 AM
    No it doesn't. Problem could be the headphone jack.
    Unless one of us gets the device we will never know.
    However my past experience with these deviecs show that most hardware failures stay failures, or are at least sporatic. This one was out for a long period of time, then has been back on for a period of time.

with out further testing software issue fits this best now. Especially with it working again.
    06-22-11 09:40 AM
    I should have expanded. I've had other devices fail where the headphone jack did not "reconnect" the speaker when the plug was removed.

You're right though, we may never know for sure, unless it happens to the OP again.

Just glad it working!
    06-22-11 02:31 PM
    Happened to me as well, however I did get a little water in it. Lucky enough the sound came back. Did you get any water in it or any liquid?
    Yes I got a little water in the speaker when I was fixing my zagg shield. Phone wouldn't ring but I could hear some one on the phone but not when they were on speaker phone. I also updated to 6.0.600.
    06-23-11 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD